Hospital Library Services Program (HLSP) Manager (PT)
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the HLSP Manager is a part-time position that supports METRO in helping to develop, enhance, and improve the delivery of health-care information between member libraries and healthcare professionals. The HLSP manager is responsible for the strategic planning and management of medical library services to HLSP members.
- Develop and maintain services for HLSP members, providing new resources that optimize library services for users.
- Support education, research and funding for HLSP members by coordinating and administering grant programs for member organizations.
- Establish procedures and guidelines for HLSP projects.
- Develop new services for member organizations.
- Promote the Medical Information Services Program (MISP) to support interlibrary sharing of health-related materials for all member organizations.
- Represent METRO at HLSP meetings and functions.
- Coordinate the HLSP Advisory Council.
- Provide guidance, advice and acts as a liaison for member organizations.
- Outreach to member organizations and other hospital library professionals through newsletters, social media, and similar platforms.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science or a related degree.
- Ability to work and motivate independently.
- Ability to initiate and maintain programs and services to meet identified needs.
- Experience in a hospital or health related library preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.