Adult Svcs. Librarian, Louis Bay 2nd Public Lib. and Comm. Center – NJ
- Providing reference and readers advisory services to adults, young adults, and children
- Training staff and/or public to use electronic resources
- Assisting the public with internet, email, and MS Office applications
- Conduct at least one book discussion group
- Prepare content for and contribute to the Library’s promotional efforts including print and social media.
- Actively seek out professional development opportunities
- Be responsible for collection development in designated subject areas
- Working on special projects as assigned by the Department Head and/or Director
- MLS (ALA accredited program), minimum 1 year full time experience or equivalent preferred. Will consider an MLS student with a minimum of 18 credits completed in a 36 credit program, or equivalent.
- Experience with young adults or related coursework preferred
- Able to implement library services in an automated environment
- Knowledge of print and non-print reference and readers advisory resources as well as changes in technology and trends within the library profession
- Able to establish a rapport with a diverse community of patrons
- Effectively use technology tools including email and MS Office applications
- Able to communicate effectively in written and oral form, meet deadlines, and work with patrons, staff, and others in a tactful and consistent manner.
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume
- Unofficial Transcripts (for a current MLS student)
Monica A. Smith
Director, Louis Bay 2nd Library and Community Center
345 Lafayette Avenue
Hawthorne, NJ firstname.lastname@example.org
(Source: BCCLS Want Ads)