Digital Asset Manager, The New School – NY, NY
The digital asset manager would be a team member within a collaborative, fully integrated marketing environment. The digital asset manager will aid the Marketing and Communication department in transitioning from an older DAM software to onboarding an entirely new, cloud based software as service platform (SaaS) within the next 6 months.
The position sits within the Digital Content team within Marketing and Communication, and reports to the Director of Digital Content. The Digital Content team is responsible for the management, pre/post production, and distribution of time-based (video, motion, audio) and non-time based (photography / graphics) digital assets that support and promote The New School’s colleges, schools, and it’s many marketing initiatives.
- Organize the digital asset management working group and lead an overall strategy, implementation and workflow of the Digital Asset Management system for The New School’s Marketing and Communication department.
- Conduct, and maintain an ongoing digital asset audit, and become immersed in the The New School’s Marketing and Communication environment to gain a thorough understanding of business needs.
- Develop, maintain, and assign metadata for assets, incorporating industry standards to ensure accurate usage rights that meet The New School’s unique requirements.
- Manage day-to-day oversight, coordination, and use of the DAM. Establish user groups, roles and boundaries for the use of DAM; registering internal and external users to the Digital Asset Management system based on permissions.
- Act as primary liaison between Marketing and University partners with regard to processes regarding taxonomy, user generated content, and archiving.
- Operate as the core liaison for Marketing and Communication with The New School’s Information Technology department and the SaaS vendor to ensure proper system upgrades.
- Operate with an understanding of legal issues, digital rights management, and create solutions that serve both creative and legal requirements.
- Develop, schedule, and conduct DAM user training for different audiences both internal and external to The New School.
- Organize and manage the entire digital asset lifecycle from the management of final creative outputs, to ingestion of photo + video, distribution, production, and archiving.
- Monitor, report, and analyze on DAM system statistics and ROI.
- Maintain accurate procedures and records for the system. Schedule and conduct regular meetings with vendors, contractors, and third parties using The New School’s DAM in order to manage input and meet user needs.
- Create detailed on-going University based case studies/user stories and to identify and prioritize requirements and workflow.
- Participate and influence The New School’s larger DAM enterprise direction and solutions.
- Clearly present proposals, status, and solutions to other departments and management.
- Keeps informed of latest Digital Asset Management technology trends and innovations.
- Make recommendations for various API’s for other existing systems.
- In collaboration with the Director of digital content, manage the business relationship between The New School and the DAM vendor.
- Other duties as identified and assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Library Science, Information Management and/or equivalent hands-on experience with Digital Asset Management.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and a collaborative spirit required. Ability to receive & delegate direction, and maintain strong sense of organization.
- A collaborative spirit and service orientation.
- Knowledge of production based NAS server environments, and basic IT infrastructure.
- Experience and awareness of current social media platforms, their uses, and requirements such as: YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Soundcloud, SnapChat, and Twitter.
- Knowledge of photographic and video pre and post production workflows a plus.
- Experience with cloud-based DAM systems a plus.
You must provide a resume and a short cover letter about why you are interested in working as a digital asset manager at The New School.
Send your resume and cover-letter attention to the Digital Content Director, Ryan Blum-Kryzstal at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.