Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- F/T - Sr Cataloging Librarian, BCCLS (NJ)
- F/T - Digital Initiatives Librarian, BCCLS (NJ)
- Knowledge & Research Specialist (ProLibra) (NY)
- Reference/Circulation Librarian, Mandl (NY)
- Long Term Temp-Investment Banking Researcher (ProL...
- DPLA Network Mgr, Dig Public Lib of Am (Remote)
- Manager, Info Mgmt, Celgene (NJ)
- HBO Archives Manager, Time Warner (NY)
- Info Lit Instructors, Bramson ORT College (NY)
- F/T - Data Catalog Coordinator, NYU Health Sci Lib...
- Data Specialist, Queens Library (NY)
- Part-Time Digital Archivist, Queens Lib (NY)
- Prospect Research Analyst, Mt. Sinai (NY)
- Information Mgt Specialist, Ford Fdn (NY)
- Head of Music Library, U of Penn (PA)
- Library Systems Specialist, Wm Paterson U (NJ)
- Digital Initiatives Lib, William Paterson U (NJ)
- Assoc Dir Competive Intel, Novo Nordisk (NJ)
- F/T - Head of Spec Collns Cataloging, NYPL (NY)
- Digital Asset Mgr, The New School (NY)
- F/T - Instructor-Librarian, Westchester Comm Coll ...
- Trainer/IT Support Specialist, MAIN (NJ)
- F/T - Adult Svcs Librarian, Louis Bay Lib (NJ)
- Freelance Materials Rsce Lib, Visual Graphic Syste...
- Library Svcs Mgr (DTI Global) (NJ)
- F/T - Digital Archivist (Winthrop Gp) (NY)
- ▼ March (26)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Saturday, March 12, 2016
The Queens Library is seeking a Part-Time Digital Archivist to work in its Central Library location in Jamaica, Queens. The schedule would be flexible.
PART-TIME DIGITAL ARCHIVIST
LOCATION(S): CENTRAL LIBRARY
PART TIME OPPORTUNITY
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Part-Time Digital Archivist is responsible for processing the library’s digital archives collections. This position will ensure the full archival processing for all digital archives collections, including the creation of collection level EAD records. Create and edit VRA Core and MARC records for archival materials (maps, photographs, manuscripts, musical scores, etc. The Part-Time Digital Archivist will train staff, volunteers and interns on digital archives projects and conduct quality control reviews on completed records. This position will also contribute to the curation of digital archives websites and social media by identifying candidate records for posts and online exhibits. Performs other duties as required.
Flexible schedule with a maximum of 17 hours per week.
Part-time positions do not offer any medical or health benefits.
ALA accredited MLS/MLIS degree required with either an Archives certification or professional archival experience. Experience with archival processing, digital asset management systems, and digital preservation required. Able to perform independently, be self-motivated and manage multiple tasks with a positive attitude. Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work well as a team member. Willingness to adapt to new technologies and processes. Knowledge of the Digital Public Library of America initiative, web archiving, and linked data, preferred. Fluency in a second language spoken in Queens is preferred.
ABOUT QUEENS LIBRARY:
Queens Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Innovation and leadership are the hall marks of Queens Library. Our mission is to meet the needs of the community by offering lifelong learning opportunities and ensuring there is a positive impact in the community. Queens Library fulfills its goals by embracing innovation and change. With a history of offering pioneering programs that meet the diverse needs of the most diverse county in the US, Queens Library is a place where innovation and leaders are welcomed. Queens Library a private, non-profit corporation located in Queens, New York and includes 65 service locations with 1,700 employees.
Queens Library is the proud recipient of the following awards: 2009 Library Journal, Library of the Year, 2014 ALA/Information Today, Library of the Future, 2013 ULC Top Innovators, 2013 American-Architect’s Building of the Year (Queens Library at Glen Oaks).
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “PART-TIME DIGITAL ARCHIVIST - HOURLY” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer