KM Research Analyst – Location: Essex County, New Jersey
Our client is a firm seeking a full-time KM Research Analyst. The Research Analyst is responsible for performing complex legal research in the corporate, litigation, government, tax fields and for retrieving business development information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in-depth legal research in various areas of law through the utilization of print and online legal, business and corporate sources.
- Perform online searches using such external databases as Westlaw, Lexis Advance, Court Link, Pacer and Bloomberg Law, West Find & Print or Get & Print and Eos.
- Compile legislative and regulatory histories.
- Keep database and research skills up to date by attending educational seminars and conferences as needed.
- Staff and assist at the Reference Desk, providing general reference assistance.
- Offer training sessions for both Attorneys and Staff.
- Familiarity with standard legal literature print and online resources.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously.
- Coordinate interlibrary loans.
- Perform local circulation duties, including collection development and acquisitions.
- Provide back-up coverage in the event of other department staff member absences.
- Assist in the maintenance of electronic subscription records and password information.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and their licensing methods.
· MLS from an accredited ALA institution or equivalent experience required.
· 3- 5+ years of in-depth law library reference/research experience required, preferably in a major law firm.
· Proficiency with Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, CourtExpress, Courtlink, Bloomberg Law, etc.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
Please contact Angela Dzikowski at 800-262-0070
PRO LiBRA Associates, Inc.