Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Business & Entrepreneurship Lib, Rutgers U (NJ)
- Biological Sciences Librarian, Rutgers U (NJ)
- Systems Librarian, Icahn School of Med-Mt Sinai (N...
- F/T - Digital Projects Coordinator, Hunter Coll (N...
- P/T - Library Technician, Molloy College (NY)
- P/T - Librarian 1, Huntington Lib (NY)
- Campus Head Librarian, Suffolk Co Comm Coll-SUNY (...
- F/T - Research & Knowl Svcs Tax Analyst, Skadden, ...
- Digital Initiatives Librarian, William Paterson U ...
- F/T - Project Cataloger & E-Resource Lib, NYBG (NY...
- F/T - KM Research Analyst (Pro Libra) (NJ)
- Records and Information Management Specialist, EPA...
- P/T - Librarian, St. Paul's School of Nursing (NY)...
- P/T - Librarian I, Patchogue-Medford Lib (NY)
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Monday, September 26, 2016
Employer: Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
Title: Research & Knowledge Services Tax Analyst (Full-Time)
Location: New York, NY 10036
Responsible for researching and providing information, analysis, and expertise to attorneys and staff Firm-wide. Analyzes tax and other legal resources and communicates findings in a clear and concise manner. Coordinates current awareness and news alerts. Works with the Global Tax Group Research & Knowledge Services Manager to maintain practice area pages and websites.
• Supports Research and Knowledge Management initiatives for tax and other Firm attorneys and staff Firm-wide, using online and print sources, incorporating new technology.
• Monitors developments related to tax and legal information and provides current awareness to attorneys.
• Assists with frequent federal and state legislative history research.
• Uses question and answer skills to conduct effective reference interviews.
• Distills research results into clear and concise reports of findings.
• Provides attorneys with access to and encourages the effective use of internal and external knowledge resources.
• Works independently and with the Global Tax Group Research & Knowledge Manager, and/or the Knowledge Management (KM) team, to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for practice area websites and databases relevant to practices served by Tax Research & Knowledge Services.
• Disseminates knowledge resources via Firm wide intranet and databases to attorneys.
• Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KM initiatives and to solicit their participation.
• Utilize creative digital methods to inform attorneys of recent developments and current awareness.
• Evaluates new and updated versions of information resources, online and print sources, and recommends beneficial information sources for the Firm.
• Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of research requests.
• Coordinates the scanning and conversion of hard copy and the uploading of that digital information to pages on the Firm's intranet.
• Engages in cross-training efforts in order to be of assistance to other department managers when needed.
• Seeks out networking venues in order to share experience with like-minded information professionals.
• Actively assists the Global Tax Group Research & Knowledge Services manager to find creative ways in which to use practice area pages to further disseminate valuable and focused information.
• Works directly with vendors to resolve any issues related to IDs and passwords, online product performance, and any issues with print subscriptions.
• Monitors email while out of the office and assists the manager when necessary if there are urgent requests during off hours.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
• Manages Firm resources responsibly.
• Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
• Assists other department staff members when needed.
• Ensures continuity of Research & Knowledge Services operations during supervisor absence.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures
• High degree of technical skill including various software, HTML, and other web technologies
• Thorough competency with relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new applications
• Ability to use computer-based research tools: LexisNexis, Westlaw, Checkpoint, Bloomberg BNA, Tax Analysts, IBFD, and more
• Ability to troubleshoot IP networking issues
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Keep abreast of daily financial and tax news globally, nationally, and locally
• Knowledge of legal and corporate information sources
• Strong understanding of knowledge management principles, technology and best practices
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Demonstrates close attention to detail
• Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
• Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
• Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
• Ability to read, interpret and follow instructions
• Ability to delegate work effectively
• Demonstrates a courteous and professional demeanor
• Prioritizes a highly positive, customer-service approach
• Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of one year experience conducting research in a legal / law firm environment
• Minimum of one year of experience creating and maintaining web pages
• Experience or educational background in Knowledge Management and the application of information technology to knowledge sharing