Biological Sciences Librarian – Rutgers University Libraries, New Jersey
The biological sciences librarian will work with this expansive community to create synergies that span interdisciplinary fields and support intellectual pursuits, while playing a unique collaborative role, and building opportunities essential for research and learning.
The Biological Sciences Librarian will:
• Engage and collaborate actively as a liaison to the Rutgers University–New Brunswick biological sciences community by building relationships, developing user-centric resources and services, and participating in engagement and outreach activities;
• Provide expert consultations to departmental faculty and students and manage local collections supporting subject needs;
• Develop and deliver course-integrated and resources-specific information literacy instruction in biology-based subject areas, build and maintain subject guides and learning objects to support curricular goals, and assess impact on student learning;
• Provide education and outreach on scholarly communication issues including open access, research impact, digital scholarship, science data management, and copyright;
• Collaborate with the biological sciences librarians in the Newark, Camden, and Rutgers Biological and Health Sciences libraries and with other subject librarians to build robust services and shared online and print collections supporting biology research and education;
• Participate in the Libraries shared services including a full range of reference and instructional services for the general population, and contribute to the overall goals of the Libraries.
This tenure-track position reports to the Associate University Librarian for Research & Instructional Services/Director, New Brunswick Libraries, is based in the Library of Science and Medicine, and is a member of the New Brunswick Libraries Faculty, a team of librarians committed to providing first-rate public services to a diverse academic community. The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to continual professional development through scholarly research including publications, presentations, and participation and leadership in the work of relevant professional associations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required: An ALA-accredited MLS or its equivalent; a bachelor’s or advanced degree or work experience in biological or life sciences; an understanding of emerging trends in science librarianship; demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work collegially in a team-oriented environment; eligibility to work in the United States. Preferred: Three years professional experience in a research-intensive academic environment, including collection development, reference, and instruction; experience in the design and delivery of services for diverse populations. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SALARY: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
STATUS/BENEFITS: Faculty status, twelve-month appointment, retirement plan, life/health insurance, prescription drug, dental and vision plans, tuition remission, 22 vacation days annually.
Source: For more information, please check the Libraries website: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
TO APPLY: REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS AND INTERVIEWS WILL BEGIN IMMEDIATELY AND CONTINUE UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED. SUBMIT RESUME, COVER LETTER, NAMES OF THREE REFERENCES AND WHERE YOU SAW THE POSITION ADVERTISED TO: http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/31637