Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Business & Entrepreneurship Lib, Rutgers U (NJ)
- Biological Sciences Librarian, Rutgers U (NJ)
- Systems Librarian, Icahn School of Med-Mt Sinai (N...
- F/T - Digital Projects Coordinator, Hunter Coll (N...
- P/T - Library Technician, Molloy College (NY)
- P/T - Librarian 1, Huntington Lib (NY)
- Campus Head Librarian, Suffolk Co Comm Coll-SUNY (...
- F/T - Research & Knowl Svcs Tax Analyst, Skadden, ...
- Digital Initiatives Librarian, William Paterson U ...
- F/T - Project Cataloger & E-Resource Lib, NYBG (NY...
- F/T - KM Research Analyst (Pro Libra) (NJ)
- Records and Information Management Specialist, EPA...
- P/T - Librarian, St. Paul's School of Nursing (NY)...
- P/T - Librarian I, Patchogue-Medford Lib (NY)
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Job Code 669ARC
William Paterson University invites applications for a twelve month tenure-track library faculty position of Digital Initiatives Librarian with a rank of Librarian 3. Reporting to the Head of Library Information Systems, the Digital Initiatives Librarian will:
• Plan, develop and provide leadership for an institutional repository by reviewing existing library practices and analyzing needs and establishing policies and best practices for the long-term protection and access to digital materials. Digital collections formats includes text, image, audio-visual resources, and research data sets.
• Collaborate and coordinate in planning, creating, and managing digital projects.
• Implement quality control procedures.
• Identify and collaborate with technical partners within the library, campus and consortial communities.
• Participate in divisional and departmental planning projects, as well as the User Education and Liaison programs. Service on Library, University, regional and national committees is expected, as appropriate.
• ALA-accredited MLS, or equivalent is required for appointment. Completion of a second Masters degree is required for tenure.
• At least one year of demonstrated experience in organizing/managing an institutional repository, managing digital preservation projects, and metadata creation.
• Excellent oral, written communication, interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to service and professional development.
Preferred Experience/Knowledge of:
• Digital image file formats, file format conversion and image editing applications.
• Developing web applications with at least one programming language and SQL.
• Experience with grant planning, research, and writing.
William Paterson University is a public institution of higher learning. The University offers more than 250 undergraduate and graduate academic programs which range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and professional programs; it enrolls nearly 11,500 students from across the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on a beautiful, 370 acres suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just twenty miles west of New York City. Information about the benefits provided to WPUNJ faculty can be found at: http://www.wpunj.edu/human- resources/ payrollandEmployeeBenefits/ employee-benefits-programs- and-services/faculty-and-non- teaching-professionals.dot. The link to the Union agreement can be found at: http://www.cnjscl.org/AFT% 20FT-PT%202011-2015% 20Agreement.pdf#page=30&zoom= auto,70,734
Candidates should submit a letter of application, CV, and contact information for three (3) professional references to Pamela Vovchuk at LibrarySearch@wpunj.edu or via mail to her at William Paterson University, 300 Pompton Road, Cheng Library, Wayne, NJ 07470. Electronic submission preferred. Must reference Job Code in letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. For additional information about the University visit www.wpunj.edu.
William Paterson University is an equal opportunity employer that actively values and supports diversity among faculty, staff and students. Women, minorities, and members of under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.