Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- F/T - Ref/Instr Librarian, Hostos Comm Coll-CUNY (...
- Catalog Librarian (Tower Legal Solutions) (NY)
- James Lenox Lib, Princeton Theo'l Sem'y (NJ)
- F/T - Public Records Officer/Archivist, NYPD Video...
- F/T - Librarian, College of Mt. St. Vincent (NY)
- P/T - Library Assistant, Scholastic (NY)
- P/T - Temporary Librarian, Costume Inst-The Met (N...
- Digital Projects Librarian, Stony Brook U (NY)
- Music Specialist, NBC Universal (NJ)
- Assoc. Dir., Global Knowledge Ctr Ops, Celgene (NJ...
- F/T - Substitute Electronic Rsrcs, Systems Lib, Le...
- Web Services Librarian, Stony Brook U (NY)
- F/T - Dir of Competitive Intel (The Creative Group...
- Metadata Product Mgr, Bloomberg (NY)
- F/T - Sub Electronic Rscs-Systems Librarian, Lehma...
- Reference Librarian (Winston Staffing) (NY)
- P/T - Adult Ref Librarian, Middle Country Lib (NY)...
- F/T - Librarian I, Yonkers Public Library (NY)
- Head of Health Sciences Library, Stony Brook U (NY...
- Art Digitization Project Mgr, Leo Baeck Institute ...
- Data Librarian, Spotify (NY)
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Saturday, January 30, 2016
Hostos Community College Library of CUNY in the South Bronx is seeking a Reference/Instruction Librarian.
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
As an academic department, the Hostos Community College Library functions as a dynamic center of teaching and learning. The Library provides information literacy tools that enhance the pursuit of knowledge by teaching our college community to retrieve, critically evaluate and synthesize information for academic, professional and personal pursuits.
In this thriving urban environment, we partner with each academic department to broaden and contextualize all areas of study, selecting and using the necessary instructional materials, and related equipment and services that will assist the college in meeting its educational, cultural, and social obligations.
As vanguards of information, the library faculty supports an environment of free and critical thought to realize the goals of a bilingual, metropolitan and multicultural community college.
Hostos Community College Library is seeking self-motived candidates for its Reference/Instruction Librarian position. Reporting to the Chief Librarian, this position will support the reference and instruction needs of the Hostos community. The ideal candidate for this role will be a patron service-oriented information professional possessing a strong commitment to an urban community college setting and demonstrated knowledge of information resources and tools. The librarian will attend forums, professional development workshops, and other faculty and/or college-wide programs as a participant and representative of library faculty.
Under the general direction of the Chief Librarian, the Reference/Instruction Librarian will be responsible for providing library instruction, reference services, and collection development assistance for disciplines served by the college. The librarian will actively collaborate with departmental faculty and serve as liaison to assigned academic divisions.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
* Teach information literacy workshops, including those developed in collaboration with departmental faculty, and provide one-to-one instruction.
* Develop and maintain awareness of current trends and best practices in reference services and instructional pedagogy.
* Contribute to the library curriculum by exploration and implementation of innovative teaching approaches to integrating information fluency into the curriculum.
* Develop educational materials in print, web-based, and multimedia formats.
* Work collaboratively with a team of librarians to plan, deliver, and evaluate reference services and resources.
* Support all members of the Hostos community in the effective use of resources and services.
* Serve as liaison to specific academic departments to ensure that the academic departments' courses and facultys professional needs are supported in the areas of library instruction, collection development, and website content.
* Maintain and support the Hostos Library website content pertaining to areas of responsibility.
* Serve on one or more department, college-wide, or university-wide committees and other professional organizations. Attend seminars, conferences, in-service training, and staff meetings as required.
* Participate in professional activities and pursue scholarly endeavors, including research and publication.
* Recommend and suggest procedural changes in order to improve library operations and efficiency.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
All titles require a Master's in Library Science (MLS), Master's in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution. Also required is the ability to work with others for the good of the institution. For appointment as Assistant Professor, a second graduate degree is required.
* At least two to three years experience in an academic or related library
* Ability to meet the responsibilities and requirements of a tenure-track appointment, including research, publishing, and involvement in professional organizations
* Proven expertise in navigating emerging technologies, social networking, and mobile applications
* Demonstrated commitment to serving diverse user groups and possession of a strong service ethic
* Two to three years of experience providing library reference and instruction services in an academic library setting
* Demonstrated presentation skills; proficient written and spoken communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* Experience with a wide range of traditional and electronic library resources
* Experience with creating and using educational technologies, especially at the college or university level, and familiarity with best practices in instructional design
* Knowledge of ACRL's Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
* Bilingual skills in English and Spanish
* Availability to work occasional evenings and/or weekend hours as needed
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: "Employment" and "Search Job Listings."
Please attach statement of scholarly interests, resume, cover letter, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin February 10, 2016.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
*Job Title:* Librarian (Instructor or Assistant Professor)
*Job ID:* 14341
*Location:* Hostos Community College
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time