Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- F/T - Ref/Instr Librarian, Hostos Comm Coll-CUNY (...
- Catalog Librarian (Tower Legal Solutions) (NY)
- James Lenox Lib, Princeton Theo'l Sem'y (NJ)
- F/T - Public Records Officer/Archivist, NYPD Video...
- F/T - Librarian, College of Mt. St. Vincent (NY)
- P/T - Library Assistant, Scholastic (NY)
- P/T - Temporary Librarian, Costume Inst-The Met (N...
- Digital Projects Librarian, Stony Brook U (NY)
- Music Specialist, NBC Universal (NJ)
- Assoc. Dir., Global Knowledge Ctr Ops, Celgene (NJ...
- F/T - Substitute Electronic Rsrcs, Systems Lib, Le...
- Web Services Librarian, Stony Brook U (NY)
- F/T - Dir of Competitive Intel (The Creative Group...
- Metadata Product Mgr, Bloomberg (NY)
- F/T - Sub Electronic Rscs-Systems Librarian, Lehma...
- Reference Librarian (Winston Staffing) (NY)
- P/T - Adult Ref Librarian, Middle Country Lib (NY)...
- F/T - Librarian I, Yonkers Public Library (NY)
- Head of Health Sciences Library, Stony Brook U (NY...
- Art Digitization Project Mgr, Leo Baeck Institute ...
- Data Librarian, Spotify (NY)
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
The Thomas J. Watson Library in The Metropolitan Museum of Art is seeking a candidate for a part-time position of a Temporary Librarian for the Irene Lewisohn Costume Reference Library located in the Costume Institute department. This is a four-day, 28 hours per week, position.
The Temporary Librarian will perform a variety of public and technical services functions in the Irene Lewisohn Costume Reference Library for six months while the librarian is on maternity leave. Working in close coordination with Watson staff, this position will provide public service for the Costume Institute Library’s varied clientele including department staff and visiting researchers, mediating access to the collection. Other tasks include selecting new materials, prepare periodicals for binding, assist with the processing backlogs of un-cataloged material and digitization projects.
See http://libmma.org/portal/temporary-librarian-the-costume-institute/ for a complete description of the position and of the Museum libraries.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating how they satisfy the requirements above, a resume, and the names of three references to the following e-mail address: email@example.com with "Temporary Librarian, The Costume Institute" in the subject line.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.