Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- F/T - Development Prospect Researcher - WSPA (NYC)...
- F/T - Records Mgmt/Info Governance - Resources Glo...
- F/T - Ontologist - Smith Arnold Partners (NY)
- F/T - Competitive Intelligence Associate - Mindsha...
- F/T - Rare Materials Scanning Tech - NewsBank (NY)...
- F/T (freelance) - Taxonomy/Search Specialist - UNI...
- F/T - Library Services Manager - Fortune500 (Union...
- F/T - Ref Librarian/Evening/Wkend Supervisor - CUN...
- F/T (term post) - Exhibition Research Assistant - ...
- F/T - Tech Trainer/Assoc Db Mgr - CFR (NY)
- F/T - Global Data/News Indexing Analyst - Bloomber...
- F/T - Client Acct Specialist - Infotrieve post (CT...
- F/T - Integrated Tech Librarian - Lafayette Colleg...
- F/T - Lead Library Experience Specialist - Columbi...
- F/T - Strategy/Competitive Intel Analyst - Morgan ...
- F/T - ECM Knowledge Manager - NYC client
- F/T - Sr. Global Librarian - Valesta (NJ)
- F/T - Reference Librarian (evening/weekend) - CUNY...
- F/T - Research Specialist - NBC News (NY)
- F/T(temp) - Vanguard Virtual Knowledge Librarian -...
- F/T - Library Coordinator - CBS Corp (NY)
- F/T - Assist Librarian - Office of Leg Svcs (Trent...
- F/T - eResource/Systems Librarian - NY Academy of ...
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Records Management\Information Governance Consulting Position
Resources Global Professionals is seeking professionals with significant information governance experience to join our Tri-State practice. As a consultant with RGP, you will have the ability to play an instrumental role in assisting clients in a variety of challenging projects.
- Extensive, hands-on experience with lifecycle management of an organization's records, including electronically stored information. Relevant experience includes developing and implementing records retention and/or data privacy policies and procedures, and related training.
- 7+ years experience; experience supporting the legal and/or compliance function preferred.
- For attorneys, New York, New Jersey or Connecticut Bar admission preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
Our Consultants enjoy the flexibility and autonomy to choose the client projects that interest them, while continuing to build professional relationships within our global community of Consultant and business professionals. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health and life insurance, a 401(k) savings plan which includes a discretionary company match, employee stock purchase plan, paid personal time off program, professional development and certification courses.
Resources Global is the only professional services firm dedicated to helping clients change their business from the inside out. Living and working within our clients countries, cultures and languages, we help local business leaders -- and their global operating teams -- execute internal initiatives.
With experience across many disciplines -- finance and accounting, information management, human capital, supply chain management, legal and internal audit -- we help teams address complex situations on the inside of business. Working side by side with the client team, we solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge. In other words, we help get the internal work done, while building the team's capability to change and operate in brand new ways.
Resources Global was founded in 1996 within a Big 4 firm and today, we are a publicly-traded company (NASDAQ: RECN). Our 2,800 professionals, from more than 80 practice offices, serve over 2,100 clients in 66 countries. In 2009 Resources was recognized by Forbes as one of the 100 Most Trustworthy Companies. Please visit us at www.resourcesglobal.com
The Ontologist will work in a team-oriented environment, and be a member of the Information Technology and Research team.
The Ontologist will develop the ontology that will provide the research Team with strong semantical support, by mapping that ontology with the numerous terminologies used by source CHP clinical systems. In that regard it is expected that the Ontologist has experience on the common vocabularies in use for healthcare (i.e. ICD, LOINC, SNOMED, UMLS).
The Ontologist will also identify and leverage on methods and tools to develop and maintain the ontology. The Ontologist will also work in collaboration with the Clinical Informatics and Analytics reporting teams to build the semantics frame to support Research integration internally at the organization at large and externally with health systems in NYC and nationwide.
The incumbent will serve the needs of all entities incorporated, and is required to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality in all phases of work. The incumbent is expected to apply independent judgment and initiative in carrying out assigned tasks.
The position requires knowledge of the health care business processes and terminology.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or University in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Care Informatics or closely related field.
- Masters Degree in computer science, biomedical informatics or related area preferred.
- Proficiency in health systems integration analysis preferred.
- Experience on clinical data warehouses preferred.
- Five years of related experience (ontology or semantic technologies, psychology, library science, linguistics, philosophy, modeling & simulation, data base design).
- Prior experience within the Health Care industry.
- Proven track record leading ontology/taxonomy implementation.
- Experience with an ontology editor and taxonomy management systems (e.g. Protg/OBO-Edit ).
- Experience using OWL (Web Ontology Language).
- Information Technology, Data Modeling, Science and Technology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project.
- Experience with common health-related vocabularies (ICD, SNOMED, LOINC, MeSH, UMLS).
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on quality.
- Dynamic personality that can adapt to changing requirements.
- Excellent skills in navigating a large organization in order to accomplish results.
- Proven track record in aligning outcomes with stakeholders expectations and standards.
- Excellent problem solving and solid analytical skills, with careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience interviewing, preparing materials, and presenting to C-level executives, directors and all levels within an organization.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, MS Visio, MS Project, and MS Outlook.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on complex projects of both short and long term duration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills promoting teamwork and collaborative alliances across multiple organizations to gain consensus on priority and data warehouse iteration content.
- Strong influencing skills to obtain buy-in at all levels including working well with committees.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to effectively communicate actionable, concise, understandable information to both technical and non-technical management and staff.
- Must be able to work in a Labor / Management Partnership environment.
Reports To: Elsa Lamphere
UNICEF NYHQ requires a Taxonomist / Ontologist to support creation, development and maintenance of a core ontology model for classification and tagging of Web content and media files, as well as search engine optimization for both internal and external search engines. Also may support taxonomy development for internal partner groups.
- Develop/maintain taxonomies and ontology describing the work of UNICEF in digital media.
- Provide project coordination within DOC/IBIS to manage collaboration between Web, photo archivist and video archivist to agree on standards, to improve metadata on databases and to implement taxonomy for digital assets.
- Support integration and testing of Smartlogic Semaphore Ontology tool with Web CMS and search engine.
- Participate in training.
- Coordinate with Web producers and editors.
- Coordinate with appropriate partners to support metadata schema for Digital Asset Management (DAM) System for video, audio, photography, publications, branding, design, and document assets.
- Coordinate daily support, maintenance and regular updates for controlled vocabularies, including taxonomy and search dictionaries, and dependent search features like navigators, with DOC/IBIS Web developer for Web CMS and ITSSD/KMS programmer for enterprise search platform.
- Collaborate with DPP/Knowledge Management Section and other interdivisional partners as requested on taxonomy-related issues and the SmartLogic taxonomy tool.
- Report regularly on search logs, including search terms and usage trends.
- Provide support for rolling out search upgrades/features to language sites and field office sites.
- Coordinate testing on search upgrades, including usability testing and relevance testing.
- Assemble related links for web stories and integrate with web page production workflow.
- Work on UNICEF premises.
- May be asked to work weekends and holidays, as required.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Library and Information Science, information management or related field; knowledge of information science principles and practices; although hands-on practical experience in any of these will be valued.
- Practical experience with search engines and developing/managing taxonomies for large organizations or large quantities of information.
- Experience in search engine optimization (SEO) is desirable.
- Experience with metadata schema and classification schema.
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with taxonomy management tools is desirable.
- Editorial experience, including audio, video or image content, is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency or working knowledge of other languages than English is desirable.