Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- F/T - Data Svcs/Metadata Librarian - Weill Cornell...
- P/T - Library Assistant - Monroe College (BXNY)
- F/T - Reference Librarian - NY Historical Society
- F/T - Researcher Information Specialist - Fox News...
- F/T - Business Info Specialist - Kenyon and Kenyon...
- F/T (temp) - Taxonomist - Scholastic (NY)
- F/T - Corp Res Analyst - Law Firm (NYC)
- F/T - Knowledge Mgmt Expert - Abbott Labs (NJ)
- F/T - Corp Research Analyst - Law Firm (NYC)
- F/T - Network and Tecnology Coordinator - Port Jef...
- F/T - Assoc Dir of Research and Instruction/Archiv...
- F/T - Digital Asset Librarian - Kelly Svcs (NJ)
- F/T - Japanese Studies Librarian - Princeton Univ ...
- F/T - Library Associate II - Rutgers Univ (NJ)
- F/T - Web Svcs Librarian - Stevens Institute of Te...
- F/T - Head Library Preservation - Princeton Univ (...
- P/T - Reference/Research Svc Desk - Stevens Instit...
- F/T - Library Manager - Chatham Sq Library (NYC)
- F/T - Reference Librarian - Temple Univ (PA)
- F/T - Tech Svcs and Electronic Resources Librarian...
- F/T - Emerging Tech/Distance Svcs Librarian - John...
- F/T - Electronic Resources Librarian - Temple Univ...
- F/T - Global Records and Information Mgr -Vision S...
- F/T - Systems Librarian - ITHAKA (Princeton, NJ)
- F/T - Acquisitions Librarian - CUNY (Staten Island...
- F/T - Library Manager - Northampton Community Coll...
- F/T - Assoc Dir of Research and Instruction, Archi...
- F/t - Director, Knowlege Management - DoE (NYC)
- ▼ July (28)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (236)
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Scholastic Inc., a large children’s publishing and media company, is currently seeking a Taxonomist to join the taxonomy team in support of projects that include site rebuilds, content migration, and tagging. This is a full-time, temporary 3-month position with potential for extension. This position is located in Scholastic’s New York City offices.
The Taxonomist supports the refinement, and application of taxonomies and thesauri used to support content description, search, and navigation. Work with taxonomy team, producers, and editors across multiple site channels to refine the existing taxonomies and thesauri, documenting the impact of possible changes. Coordinate cross-channel taxonomy requirements. Communicate with taxonomy team on site taxonomy issues. Assist with the creation of tagging workflows, standards, and documentation to be used by taggers and editorial staff.
This position requires the initiative and flexibility to work both independently and as part of teams to develop new strategies and improve existing strategies for information retrieval, reflecting and promoting customer service, using excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism.
· A Library Science degree or equivalent education and experience
· Minimum 4 years experience in information architecture, knowledge management, or libraries
· Minimum 4 years experience and demonstrated success in taxonomy and thesaurus development and management
· Understanding of and appropriate application of taxonomy and thesaurus standards and best practices
· Cataloging and indexing experience
· Experience developing indexing/tagging and/or editorial guidelines
· Significant experience managing indexing/tagging efforts and teams
· Experience with content management systems, preferably Drupal
· Familiarity with web content management, information architecture, user experience, faceted classification, and search
· Understanding of searcher behaviors
· Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Curiosity to seek new processes and technologies
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Microsoft Excel skills
· Background in education or children’s publishing and media is a plus
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.