Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- F/T - Librarian - Global Institute of Technology
- F/T - Director of Library and Archives - Brooklyn ...
- F/T - Knowledge and Research Specialist - ANA
- F/T - Technical Reference Librarian - NJIT
- F/T (temporary) - Intermediate Level Researcher - ...
- P/T - Reference Librarian - East Hampton Library, ...
- F/T - Librarian/Sr Librarian - NYPL, Andrew Heiske...
- F/T(temporary) - Technical Services Library Assist...
- P/T (temporary) - Researcher - Development and Mem...
- F/T (temporary) - Researcher - ANA
- P/T - Technical Services Librarian - Webb Institut...
- F/T - Executive Director - National Jazz Museum/Ha...
- F/T - Information Manager - NYC Law Firm
- F/T - Researcher - eMarketer
- F/T (temporary) - Library Assistant (records mgmt)...
- P/T - Medical Librarian - Mt Sinai Elmhurst Queens...
- P/T - Adjunct Reference Librarian - College of New...
- F/T - Learning Applications/Systems Researcher - T...
- F/T - University Library Systems Manager - CUNY Ce...
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2010 (235)
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Newark, NJ -- Technical Reference Librarian needed at NJIT
The New Jersey Institute of Technology is seeking a Technical Reference Librarian which reports to the Director of Reference and works primarily as the library's liaison to assigned engineering or other academic departments for reference, information literacy instruction, assessment, collection development, and user satisfaction. Also performs literature searching and citation analysis, creation of online subject and course guides and tutorials, and other duties as necessary.
1. Masters in Library or Information Science (ALA Accredited)
2. BA/BS degree (in science, mathematics or engineering highly desirable)
3. Significant successful professional academic reference or research service experience.
4. Extensive knowledge and experience in one or more scientific and technical disciplines taught at NJIT.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Excellent personal and interpersonal skills (energy, creativity, initiative, friendliness, etc.).
7. Teaching experience.
8. Public service oriented; maintains collegial professional relationship with library faculty, students, NJIT staff, library staff, and administrators.
9. Excellent computer skills. (e.g. Windows, Microsoft Office, E-learning authoring software such as Camtasia, course management software, content management software). Excellent searching skills (e.g. citation databases, full text/image databases and integrated library systems).
10. Extensive internet and web searching experience.
11. Keeps current as professional librarian.
See job description for preferred qualifications and essential characteristics.
Full-time, Monday-Friday. Typical work week includes one evening (until 7pm) per week during fall and spring semesters and two weekends per year.
The position is by contract, non-tenured (Librarians are not eligible for tenure at NJIT.) Selected candidate must become a New Jersey resident within 365 days of appointment.
To apply for the permanent position please refer to the complete job description and apply online through the NJIT online employment system. https://njit.jobs/ Posting Number: 0600742.