The Knowledge and Research Specialist will assist with content writing and editing, web production, and social media activities within the organization. This position will allow a qualified candidate to be at the center of our growing Knowledge Management program by creating and producing content generated from our events and promoting our organization through social media.
- Create approximately 150 detailed write-ups (or “snapshots”) of presentations given at ANA events that summarize the content presented.
- Travel to approximately 20 to 25 ANA events held outside of NYC to capture “snapshot” content.
- Assist in the creation of 8 to 10 page knowledge products based on existing ANA content.
- Support web content production, by posting and laying out pieces of content on the ANA website, as needed.
- Opportunity to blog about ANA content and industry issues monthly.
- A master’s degree in library and information science (MLS) or a related master’s degree (such as journalism or communications).
- 2+ years of work experience in a role requiring information analysis and interpretation.
- Strong writing skills are a requirement. Good copyediting skills are also a plus.
- Desire to travel.
- An interest in social media and blogging.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- High energy and results oriented.