Title: Knowledge & Research Specialist
Location: New York City
Pro Libra's client, a large international law firm is currently seeking a Knowledge /Research Specialist to join their team. Primary duties include furthering the Firm’s KM initiatives in enterprise search and providing research services to their attorneys and staff. As part the Knowledge team, candidate must possess an interest in KM projects with emphasis on implementation and best practices and an interest in working as a member of a very busy research and reference team.
In addition to providing top notch reference service and participating in furthering the Firm’s KM initiatives, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Working with research team colleagues to provide unequaled reference service throughout all offices. Make recommendations on best resources, participate in trainings and presentations.
2. Library Liaison to Firm’s KM initiatives in the area of Enterprise Search, including formulating best practices, training opportunities and integration within reference services. Researching and implementing other KM tools and dashboards as opportunities emerge.
3. Participate with members of Electronic Services Projects team on ongoing projects: Portal enhancement and development, current awareness services revitalization, assist with Electronic Services administration and work with the team to gather, tabulate and present metrics to create a visualization of ROI for Library resources.
4. Familiarity with Competitive Intelligence Resources and interest in acting as Library liaison to Marketing/Business Development. Follow developments in CI/BD resources and make regular presentations to the group. Develop pathfinders/webpage to streamline access to resources and create template documents for standardizing league table requests.
In-depth knowledge of legal and business databases, including but not limited to: Lexis Advance, WestlawNext, Intelligize, Securities Mosaic, CapitalIQ, BloombergLaw and Bloomberg Professional, ThomsonOne, CCH, Pacer, Courtlink, CourtAlert, PerfectInformation, PLC, Corsearch and Patbase.
Knowledge of Sharepoint, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Research Monitor, DecisivSearch and emerging technologies preferred.
J.D. or M.L.S.
Please send resumes or contact:
Pro Libra Associates
Email: email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
800-262-0070 Fax: 908-918-0977
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Knowledge & Research Specialist (Pro Libra)
- Ref and Instr'l Health Sci Lib, Molloy College (NY...
- Rights Management Specialist, Vice Media (NY)
- P/T - Adjunct Librarian, CUNY-Lehman (NY)
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Touro College (NY)...
- Assoc Dir of Lib Svcs, Cravath, Swaine & Moore (NY...
- Serials & Media Librarian, Molloy College (NY)
- F/T - Reference Assistant, Simpson Thacher & Bartl...
- Senior Information Specialist (Pro Libra) (NY)
- F/T - Dir of Development, U Lib, Stony Brook U (NY...
- P/T - Librarian I, Huntington Public Library (NY)
- Associate Archivist, Mt. Sinai (NY)
- Library Director, St. Joseph's Seminary (NY)
- ▼ June (13)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Title: Knowledge & Research Specialist
Monday, June 27, 2016
- Provide reference, instructional, and research services to students, faculty members, and other patrons of the James E. Tobin Library.
- Develop customized classroom instruction sessions upon request.
- Teach research and search strategies to patrons in small and large groups and / or one-on-one sessions.
- Update and maintain online tutorials utilizing LibGuides
- Remain current in navigating academic resources held by the James E. Tobin Library.
- Other library related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an American Library Association accredited school.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a health sciences field, and at least two years working in that field.
- Strong knowledge of medicine and healthcare related academic databases such as CINAHL, Cochrane, PubMed and Ovid.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assist students at undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels, adjusting style and teaching techniques as necessary
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Master’s degree in a health sciences field (nursing preferred)
- At least two years of experience in an academic library and prior experience teaching instructional sessions
- Experience with citation managers, especially RefWorks or ProQuest Flow is desired
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Vice Media LLC in Brooklyn is seeking a Rights Management Specialist.
Rights Management Specialist
Summary: The Rights Management Specialist is responsible for overseeing the rights in all of VICE productions; this includes managing a small team and being the internal point person for all licensing requests both internal and external.
Fields all third party and international VICE office inquiries, working across legal, product development, PR, production and sales, negotiating terms, obtaining proper approvals, sending files, ensuring appropriate clearances, finalizing contracts and requesting invoices
Consistently works with development team to organize workflows and metadata for R&C, evolving with new systems and company growth
Oversees company-wide QC process to ensure all VICE productions are being completed with best practices; trains various offices on evolving practices
Oversees the deliverable process of each VICE entity, mainly digital properties and VICELAND linear channels
Manages Rights & Clearances team on international approvals, database management and QC checks
- 5 years relevant experience in licensing, information management and/or rights and clearances
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, can multitask and prioritize without explicit direction
- Excels as an independent worker and a self starter; motivated
- Thinks outside the box and brings new organizational and efficiency techniques to the table
Please send resume and brief cover letter to Ricki.Askin@vice.com
Thursday, June 16, 2016
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Monday, June 13, 2016
Thursday, June 9, 2016
PERIPHERAL DUTIES: Academic Librarian
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
SUPERVISION EXERCISED – n/a
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
1000 Hempstead Avenue
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-5002
Women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.