City of New York
DEPT OF RECORDS & INFO SERVICE
Job Posting Notice
Civil Service Title: PUBLIC RECORDS OFFICER
Title Code No: 60216
Salary: $41,045.00/$47,202.00-$58,972.00 Frequency: ANNUAL
Title Classification: Competitive
Business Title: ARCHIVIST
Work Location: 31 Chambers St., N.Y. & Off- Site facilities (Brooklyn & Middle Village)
Division/Work Unit: Municipal Archives
Number of Positions: 2
Job ID: 273392
Hours/Shift: Day - Due to the necessary duties of this position, candidate may be required to be on call and/or work various shifts such as weekends and/or evening shifts.
The Department of Records/Municipal Archives seeks a responsible individual to join its team helping to preserve the City’s historical records in the Municipal Archives. Under general supervision, with wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment or action, the archivist will develop and execute project plans for processing new records and records backlogs; perform research to support agency projects and outside researchers; recruit, train and supervise student employees, interns and volunteers; assist to plan and execute special projects as required; promote the preservation of agency and city records. This position will include moving and lifting heavy over-size cartons and books within and between the Archives headquarters and off-site facilities.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A Master’s degree from an accredited college in Library Science, Archival Science, American History, Political Science, or a related area; or 2. A baccalaureate degree form an accredited college and one year full-time professional experience in archival, records management or library work; or 3. Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have the baccalaureate degree from an accredited college.
All candidates must have experience in processing records
Knowledge of archival theory and best practices.
Experience developing and executing project
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Search for the Job ID # 273392
External Candidates please go to www.nyc.gov/careers
Current NYC employees please go to www.nyc.gov/ess
NO E-MAILS, PHONE CALLS, FAXES OR PERSONAL INQUIRIES PERMITTED.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED. APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OFFICE OF MANAGEMENT AND BUDGET (OMB) APPROVAL.
Posting Date: 11/29/2016
Post Until: 12/12/2016
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- F/T - Asst Medical Librarian, NY Coll Podiatric Me...
- F/T - Sr Info Svcs Specialist-Temp, Bain (NY)
- Archivist (TechFetch) (NJ)
- Mgr, Knowledge Management, Ingredion (NJ)
- Digital Svcs Librarian, SUNY Purchase (NY)
- Asst Archivist, School of Visual Arts (NY)
- F/T - Research Resources Asst, Whitney (NY)
- F/T - Press Archivist/Librarian, Gagosian (NY)
- Head Librarian, Suffolk Co Comm Coll (NY)
- P/T - Adjunct Librarian, Weschester Comm Coll (NY)...
- F/T - Researcher (LATAM), eMarketer (NY)
- Head, Preservation & Conservation (City of NY)
- Archivist, City of NY (NY)
- F/T - Research & Knowledge Analyst, Skadden Arps (...
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Friday, December 2, 2016
City of New York