RESEARCH AND KNOWLEDGE ANALYST / LEGAL INDUSTRY
New York City
Schedule required: (Mon - Fri): (1pm – 9PM)
Responsible for researching and providing information, analysis and expertise to attorneys and staff in all practice areas of the Firm. Analyzes legal, corporate and general resources and communicates findings in a clear and concise manner. Coordinates current awareness and news alert services. Works with Knowledge Strategy Counsel to develop and maintain selected practice area databases and websites. Helps plan and implement department outreach, training and orientation programs. Evaluates and recommends new information resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's Degree in Library Science preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a Legal or Financial research setting
- Performs research for attorneys and other departments.
- Perfects research skills using print and online sources, incorporating new technology.
- Recommends new and beneficial information sources for the Library.
- Collaborates with Library team to provide cost effective reference services using databases, print and online sources.
- Provides current awareness by creating alerts, practice area newsletters, etc. tailored to the needs of the Firm.
- Works independently and with KM team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for practice area websites and databases.
- Provides attorneys with access to and encourages the effective use of internal and external knowledge resources and disseminates such knowledge via Firm wide intranet and databases.
- Collaborates with practice group leaders and other attorneys to design effective KM websites and databases and processes which meet the practice groups' needs and establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KM initiatives, to solicit their participation.
- Keeps attorneys aware of new developments in their practice areas.
- Evaluates new and updated versions of information resources, print and online and recommends beneficial information sources for practice sites.
- Maximizes the effective use of knowledge resources through training attorneys and staff on KM systems and databases and educates attorneys about resources in the Library.
- Develops information network within and outside the Firm.
- Contributes to development and organization of information materials in the Library and KM systems.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of Firm operation, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of legal and related information sources
- Knowledge of computer database systems including: LexisNexis, Westlaw, etc.
- Working knowledge of integrated library systems
- Working knowledge of Content Manager program used on intranet pages
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Delegates work effectively
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
Please contact Angela Dzikowski at 800-262-0070
PRO LiBRA® Associates, Inc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of Race, Color, Religion, Gender, Age, National Origin, Veteran Status, Disability, Genetic Information or Testing, Family and Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression.