Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- F/T - Content Svcs Librarian, SUNY Maritime Colleg...
- P/T - Archives Asst, Episcopal Church (NY)
- Market Research Analyst, CannonDesign (NY)
- Systems and Information Tech Lib, Thomas J. Watson...
- Librarian, Brooklyn Public Library (NY)
- Library Asst, CUNY (NY)
- Knowedge Mgmt Coordinator, Kohn Pedersen Fox (NY)
- P/T - Adult Svcs Librarian, White Plains Lib (NY)
- (Additional Position) Research & Knowledge Analyst...
- ▼ April (9)
- ► 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
Knowledge Management Coordinator / Digital Curator
Award-winning global architecture firm headquartered in New York City seeks an organized, detail-oriented, and pro-active Knowledge Management Coordinator with good people skills and 2-5 years of working experience, ideally in the A/E/C or Design industries.
Undertaking a brand new role at the firm, s/he will champion knowledge collection, organization, and dissemination for the firm, serving as the information custodian and resource for global practice. The Knowledge Management Coordinator will be the firm’s central resource for information so must be able to work and communicate effectively with multiple parties concurrently. As the firm’s “data champion”, s/he must be exceptionally well organized, detail-oriented and passionate about information management and knowledge sharing.
KPF is a creative, dynamic, and progressive environment and we seek a like-minded individual that is equally creative, innovative, forward-thinking, as well as communicative and service-oriented to oversee the KPF digital archives and knowledgebase across our offices around the globe. The KPF Knowledge Management Coordinator will work closely with architects, graphic designers, marketing professionals, and other colleagues globally to ensure the collective vital institutional knowledge of the company is captured and remains current and relevant to the firm as a whole. The KPF Knowledge Management Coordinator will also work closely with KPF’s programmers to fully integrate the knowledge capture onto the global intranet and disseminate this knowledge in the most judicious manner. Contributing directly with hands-on programming and UX design would be an advantage.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Managing the project database, the digital resource library, establishing protocols for data collection, cataloguing and curation and ensuring relevancy, timeliness and accuracy of data
· Managing project data archiving, including conversion from paper to digital and extraction of data and content
· Harvesting data, information, content and assets from architectural projects including post-occupancy data and metrics
· Coordinating the knowledge sharing effort (announcements, seminars, trainings, etc.) for pro-active internal dissemination of information
· Performing research and analysis (internal and external data) for projects and pursuits including trends, benchmarks, best practices, etc.
Skills and Experience
· Deep knowledge of data management, metadata, organization and cataloging structures
· Experience with database technologies
· Familiarity with data visualization and analytics approaches useful
· Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS), SharePoint preferred
· Comfort with various software applications and strong overall technology skills
· Some programming skills desirable (Java, XML, AngularJS, SQL)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Ideal candidate has related Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited program and 2-3 years professional experience working with data, document and digital asset management systems, knowledge capture and information management, web and database technologies. Master's in Information Science is a plus/bonus.
Previous experience and a strong interest in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction vertical or related design industries are valuable. Familiarity with the architectural profession’s concepts, practices, procedures and digital assets is ideal.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Please send a cover letter, resume and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.