Part-time Librarian, Sheldon Sirota Memorial Library-Touro College (NY)
Hours will usually be 5-10 pm Mondays-Thursdays with option for day time hours during school breaks and when full-time librarians are on vacation. Benefits.
Provides expertise in the areas of Public Service, Interlibrary Loan, Purchasing, Acquisitions, Technical Services, and General Administration.
· Provide reference and instructional services to students and faculty using print and electronic materials.
· Participates in collection development activities.
· Develops instructional materials as requested by the Director of the Library
· Participates in Health Information Literacy Outreach activities of the library
· Assists with Electronic Resource Management
· Oversees the circulation/service desk during evening hours
· Supervises workstudy students during evening hours
· Liaisons with IT during evening hours
· Troubleshoots student computer problems in the library
· Ensures that library users adhere to library rules during evening hours
· Maintains and updates electronic resource usage statistics spreadsheet
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to pay close attention to detail.
· Ability to interact well with students, faculty and staff.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
· Knowledge and proficiency in library specific software, such as Sierra and DOCLINE.