F/T - Head, Academic Engagement, Stony Brook University (NY)
Descriptive Title: Head of Academic Engagement REF#: F-9638-16-05
Budget Title: Senior Assistant/Associate Librarian Faculty Position
Department: University Libraries Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Qualifications: Master's Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited program. Minimum of three years of experience providing subject liaison or information literacy services in an academic or research library. Experience supervising librarians, or managing project teams, in an academic library. Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse staff and foster collegiality and productivity, to encourage change and innovation, and to engage professionals in the collaborative planning and delivery of user-centered services. Professional service, professional activity and contributions to scholarship sufficient for tenure-track faculty appointment.
Preferred Qualifications: Second advanced degree in relevant field. Ability to adapt design thinking principles into continually improving spaces, processes and services. Knowledge of best practices, issues and trends in teaching and learning in academic libraries, including trends in online learning and information tools and resources, and assessment of student learning. Knowledge of, or experience with, evolving models of scholarly communication, including open access and open educational resources. Knowledge of, or experience with, metrics, data curation, open data or data science. Experience in leading academic or research library outreach services and initiatives.
Responsibilities & Requirements: The SBU Libraries invites applications for an innovative and experienced librarian to lead the newly formed Academic Engagement Department. This librarian will have the opportunity to contribute to and redefine the future roles and responsibilities of the department. SBU Libraries consists of highly talented liaison librarians who collaborate on services, outreach programs, repository services, scholarship initiatives, and instruction in a model influenced by Ithaka S & R’s Leveraging the Liaison Model: From Defining 21st Century Research Libraries to Implementing 21st Century Research Universities(2014) and the ARL SPEC KIT 349: Evolution of Library Liaisons (2015).
The incumbent will work with the SBU librarians to execute the Library's strategic vision. The position reports to the Associate Dean for Research and User Engagement and manages a team of expert librarians. The position will guide the development and implementation of services and initiatives that respond to the needs of students, researchers and scholars. Applicants should be eager to shape and/or adapt to changes, should welcome a service model where library faculty actively engage faculty and students through direct outreach and should have a knowledge and interest in the evolving roles of research libraries in the changing landscape of higher education. Applicants should also be committed to the University Libraries’ strategic vision.http://library.stonybrook.edu/2015/06/23/strategic-design-process-june-2015/. The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Lead the academic engagement-centered liaisons who focus on scholarship and relationship building between the Library and the Stony Brook University academic, research and teaching communities.
* Develop and execute a shared vision and service model with SBU librarians, which involves actively engaging faculty and students through direct outreach, curriculum integration and collection development.
* Advocate for the Department, mentor and coach department librarians on faculty progress toward tenure and promotion; assess diverse librarian skill sets, recognize talent, and anticipate and orchestrate synergistic collaborations within SBU and with internal and external stakeholders.
* Set departmental goals, develop metrics for success, analyze trends and initiate, develop, and assess innovative services for optimal use of information resources.
* Access impact of SBU liaison activities on faculty research productivity and student learning outcomes.
* Cultivate new models of engagement by partnering with faculty, staff, and students.
* Participate in research, publication, teaching and service in consonance with University standards for promotion and tenure.
Special Notes: This is a tenure track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Occasional night and weekend work is required. Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible. Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree<http://www.stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree>. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, to guarantee consideration, please apply by 06/16/2016.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State employment application<https://www.asa.stonybrook.edu/asa/ASAForms/Department/HRS/Document/HRSF0113>, cover letter and resume/CV to:
University Libraries Personnel
Melville Library, Room S1430B
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3300
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 06/16/2016, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
To read full posting:
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Head of Reference Library, Queensborough-CUNY (NY)...
- Information Specialist-Investment Banking (ProLibr...
- Public Services Librarian, Felician U (NJ)
- Archive/PMO Specialist, (Hagerty Consulting for NY...
- F/T - Head, Academic Engagement, Stony Brook U (NY...
- Director of Paul Robeson Library, Rutgers U (NJ)
- Access Services Librarian, Mt. Sinai (NY)
- P/T - Librarian, Touro College (NY)
- Knowledge Manager (Pro Libra) (NY)
- Knowledge Manager (Donna Conti) (NY)
- ▼ May (10)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Monday, May 23, 2016
F/T - Head, Academic Engagement, Stony Brook University (NY)