Samuel J. Wood Library at Weill Cornell Medical College is seeking applicants for the position: Scholarly Communications Librarian.
4. Provide expert search services for systematic reviews and other intensive research projects. Communicate the principles of evidence-based practice, and develop and teach systematic review workshops.
- Participate in unit meetings and strategic planning, answer reference questions, conduct literature searches, provide consultations.
7. Design, execute, and assess education sessions in expert literature searching, research tools and processes, and other specialized content. Develop coursework within the WCM learning management system. Provide customized consultation services.
8. Perform outreach to promote awareness of Library services and resources. Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Library’s web site, social media, and other communication mediums. Provide expert feedback from an end user’s perspective on web design and functionality issues.
- Contribute to Library, WCM and NYPH planning initiatives. Participate on committees, task forces, and other formal engagements.
- Contribute to the profession and represent the Library in the academic, scholarly, and professional community.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program. Demonstrated knowledge of the systematic review process and other evidence summaries. Experience and ability to plan, develop, and implement scholarly communications services. Excellent database searching and teaching skills. Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills for the purposes of teaching, presenting, scholarly communication, and customer service. Ability to think creatively in developing and promoting the use of library resources and services. Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills. Strong service orientation. Ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with faculty and health professionals. Ability to adjust priorities, set goals, and make quick effective decisions in a fast-paced environment.