Research & Development Analyst, PepsiCo – NY
The person in this position will be responsible for:
Global Subscriptions and Vendor Management:
- Oversee global research services for global R&D which includes working with new vendors, assessing & identification of new services, negotiating contracts and pricing,
- Manage the subscription budget and make funding recommendations
- Lead the global review selection process/evaluation of new materials and electronic resources
- Ensure connectivity and usability of tools and resources and manage end-user experiences expeditiously
- Educate end user on online services which includes working with the vendors to conduct comprehensive training
- Compile usage metrics across customer base for internal reporting on key online subscription services.
- Assist in the identification of new online subscription services to support customers’ needs
- Proactively meet with individuals and global groups to stay abreast of developing projects to ensure KM services are utilized where applicable.
- Assist in the identification of research and insights to support R&D key initiatives
- Assess and compile strategically significant intelligence on key competitors and new competitive including patent and trademark reviews, company information, industry trends, news monitoring, technology tracking, and government/regulatory issues.
- Coordinate assessment of new product ideas through complete landscape evaluation (competitive patents, products, and technical literature).
- Interpret complex and ambiguous information from several sources and deliver comprehensive results
- Proactively enhances organizational capability through formal transfer of knowledge/expertise to others
- Ensure KM services and resources are globally communicated/disseminated and easily accessed from the Global R&D portal.
- Proactively identify new ways to connect associates to research and automate previously manual processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively globally with both internal and external teams.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a matrixed team oriented environment and adaptive to changing priorities
- Strong communication, verbal and analytical skills
- Ensures project objectives and results are consistent with business goals
- Demonstrates understanding of cross-functional business needs
- Contributes to development of project objectives to ensure they are aligned
- Develops and implements clear, realistic plans to address complex or ambiguous project goals within time and resource constraints
- Minimizes or removes barriers to project results, leveraging manager and others as needed
- Monitors progress on multiple projects and tasks, and revises work plan as needed.
- Proposes alternative actions to realign with strategy as needed