Reports to: Director of the Library
The addition of an Information Commons in the new Public Square requires an energetic, service orientated librarian familiar with emerging technologies and their potential to enhance library services.
- Provide reference services in the information commons for students and faculty.
- Manage all aspects of the Reference Service Desk in the Information Commons.
- Monitor and respond to questions from students through the Library “Chat” service.
- Recommend and implement new library services for the Information Commons.
- Continually evaluate new services and adopt new policies and procedures in response to the evolving needs of students.
- Manage student requests and assign study rooms in the Public Square.
- Work collaboratively with other Molloy librarians in collection development, including selection, maintenance, and de-selection of materials. Subject areas to be determined based on the strengths and interest of the individual.
- Establish an active working relationship with academic departments/divisions (to be determined) within Molloy College.
- Actively contribute information to the library web page.
- Conduct library instruction classes emphasizing critical thinking skills and the integration of print and electronic resources.
- MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA accredited library school.
- Two years of academic library experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with co-workers and a diverse group of students.
- Strong commitment to service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Monday –. .