Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Librarian/Digital Asset Mgmt Specialist, Ogilvy & ...
- F/T - Scholarly Comm & Data Curation Lib, St John'...
- Temp - Audiovisual Archivist-Fales Lib & Spec'l Co...
- F/T - Sr Archivist - University Archives, NYU (NY)...
- Temp - Public Svcs Librarian for Tamiment Lib, NYU...
- Temp - Lib for Special Coll'ns Transition, NYU (NY...
- Temp - Librarian for Fales Arc'l Coll'ns, NYU (NY)...
- F/T - Learning Resource Ctr Lib, St. Paul's School...
- F/T - Digital Technician, Livingston Masonic Lib (...
- F/T - Systems Librarian, Jewish Theological Sem (N...
- F/T - Research Svcs Librarian, Sarah Lawrence Coll...
- P/T - Librarian, Mandl School (NY)
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Learning Resource Center Librarian (FT)
Saint Paul's School of Nursing (Queens) is seeking a full-time Learning Resource Center (LRC) librarian. The ability to work a flexible schedule is a must. Day, evening, and weekend hours may be required, depending on the staffing needs of the LRC. The essential duties of the LRC librarian includes: assisting the LRC Lead Manager the day-to-day operations of the LRC; providing information literacy instruction; library reference services; providing individual research and citation consultations; helping with library event planning; maintaining LRC statistics and records; and other duties as required.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not try to contact me via phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct student LRC orientation and information literacy sessions
· Reference and circulation services
· Provide individual research and citation consultations
· Provide writing consultation to students
· Provide technical assistance to students and faculty
· Assists with library event planning
· Assists LRC Manager in processing and maintaining library collections
· Help keeps track of LRC statistics and records
· Help maintain the appearance of the LRC
· Work either independently or in collaboration with other LRC staff on LRC program projects
· Perform other duties as assigned by the LRC Lead Manager
· Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program (We will also accept applications from library school students who will be graduating at the end of the fall 2016 semester)
· Exceptional communication and customer service skills
· Ability to work independently, without direct supervision
· Knowledge of library databases
· Ability to plan library events
· Comfort level with IT hardware
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Kevin Saw, MLIS
Learning Resource Center Lead Manager
97-77 Queens Blvd
Rego Park, NY 11374