Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Librarian/Digital Asset Mgmt Specialist, Ogilvy & ...
- F/T - Scholarly Comm & Data Curation Lib, St John'...
- Temp - Audiovisual Archivist-Fales Lib & Spec'l Co...
- F/T - Sr Archivist - University Archives, NYU (NY)...
- Temp - Public Svcs Librarian for Tamiment Lib, NYU...
- Temp - Lib for Special Coll'ns Transition, NYU (NY...
- Temp - Librarian for Fales Arc'l Coll'ns, NYU (NY)...
- F/T - Learning Resource Ctr Lib, St. Paul's School...
- F/T - Digital Technician, Livingston Masonic Lib (...
- F/T - Systems Librarian, Jewish Theological Sem (N...
- F/T - Research Svcs Librarian, Sarah Lawrence Coll...
- P/T - Librarian, Mandl School (NY)
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Monday, November 14, 2016
The Chancellor Robert R Livingston Masonic Library of the Grand Lodge of New York is a special collections library and museum consisting of over 60,000 books, 50,000 artifacts and a substantial trove of archival material. Located in the Grand Lodge of New York, the library attracts researchers from around the world as a premiere destination for research on topics related to Freemasonry.
Summary and Responsibilities:
This is a full time position with benefits.
Digital photography, processing and quality control of cultural heritage collections at the Chancellor Robert R Livingston Masonic Library of the Grand Lodge of New York will be the focus of this position. Major responsibilities include administration of born-digital records, digitization for eventual ebook distribution, maintenance of digital historical records, and the digitization of fragile special collections material. The successful candidate will also perform library duties such as shelving and coverage of the Reading Room as needed and will work with the library’s small staff in a collaborative fashion.
-Recent graduate of MLIS program or student in MLIS program with a concentration in Archives, Records Management or Digital Collections.
- Technical proficiency with SLR digital cameras.
-Experience with digital assets or electronic records, databases, information architecture and/or digital archive workflows.
- Understanding of photographic technical terminology and techniques. Experience working with Adobe Photoshop or other image manipulation software.
-Experience with digitization tools such as the ATIZ bookscanner preferred.
-Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
-Strong organizational, planning, time management and project management skills.
-Strong service orientation, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Physical requirements include: Ability to lift forty pounds to the waist.
Benefits in Employment with The Chancellor Robert R Livingston Masonic Library:
Full-time employees have vacation and sick leave benefits and are eligible to participate in group life, health, and dental insurance plans. Employees contribute to the cost of their health insurance based on income level and the type of coverage they select.
Application Process: To apply, please send resume, cover letter and three references to Morgan Aronson at mailto:email@example.com by November 30th.