The Bronx Community College Library seeks a Substitute Reference and Instruction Librarian (Sub-Lecturer) during the Fall 2016 semester. The selected candidate will perform general reference duties, chat reference, teach basic information literacy instruction sessions work, and other duties as assigned. Instruction is conducted at the request of the instructor; hence, no established times are available. Evening and weekend hours may be required.
Bachelor's degree required. Substantial progress for completion of a Master's in Library Science (MLS), Master's in Library Information Studies (MLIS), or closely related discipline from an ALA-accredited institution, including appropriate course work, strongly preferred.
Must be able to work effectively with information and educational technologies, have good customer service and communication skills, and possess enthusiasm for working collegially in a diverse and busy environment. Also required is the ability to work with others for the good of the institution.
Candidates will preferably have a minimum of one year in reference service and instruction in an academic or public library,
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Please sent resume and cover letter to Erma Nieves via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org:email@example.com
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Archivist/Special Colln Librarian, Westbury Lib (N...
- Job Information Rsc Librarian, Brooklyn Public Lib...
- Health Sciences Librarian, Stony Brook U (NY)
- Dir for Collns and Rsrc Mgmt, Stony Brook U (NY)
- Librarian for School of Prof'l Studies Grad Prog, ...
- P/T - Ref & Instr Librarian, BCC-CUNY
- Substitute Ref & Inst Librarian, BCC-CUNY
- F/T - Head of Health Sciences Library, Stony Brook...
- User Engagement & Assessment Lib, Rutgers U (NJ)
- F/T - Research & Instr. Librarian, Yeshiva U (NY)
- Head of Southampton Library, Stony Brook U (NY)
- Social Sciences Librarian, Lehigh U (PA)
- ▼ August (12)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)