Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (132)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- F/T - eCommerce Taxonomist - Long Island
- P/T - Reference Librarian - ASA Institute
- F/T - Curator, Avery Classics, Rare Books - Columb...
- F/T (temporary) - Outreach and Public Services Arc...
- F/T - Collection Development Associate - ARTstor
- P/T (temporary) - Researcher/Development and Membe...
- F/T - Junior Research Analyst/Global Pharma Practi...
- F/T - Senior Analyst/Health Care Practice - Global...
- F/T - Biopharma Specialist/Heath Care Practice - G...
- F/T - Senior Information Specialist - Investment B...
- F/T - Senior Information Specialist - Financial Se...
- F/T (long-term temporary) - Project Archives Assi...
- P/T (temporary) - Library Assistant - Watson Libra...
- F/T - Head of Cataloging and Metadata Creation - N...
- F/T - Library Services Onsite Analyst - New York C...
- F/T (long-term temporary) - Financial Service Rese...
- F/T - Reference/Instruction Librarian/Health - Hun...
- F/T - Records Analyst - New York City
- F/T - Librarian/Archivist - The Wildlife Conservat...
- F/T - Records Manager - New York City
- F/T - Researcher/Info Specialist - Fox News Channe...
- F/T (temporary) - Records Management Analyst - Inv...
- F/T - CLE Professional Development Coordinator/An...
- ▼ November (23)
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
– New York Office
Our client’s expertise in every aspect of professional services firm management is unmatched. This, plus their reputation for helping firms find and implement practical solutions and enhanced has enabled them to work with the world's leading firms. With offices throughout the US and in London, their clients benefit from a truly global perspective. They offer a vast array of tailored services that are backed by a strategic understanding, including strategy and vision counseling, organizational infrastructure and governance, mergers and acquisitions, client relationship management, practice management, partnership issues, crisis management/restructuring/dissolutions, professional development, marketing, executive recruiting, research and information services, litigation support, technology infrastructure, knowledge management, risk management, peer benchmarking, and educational programs.
The Records Manager is a New York office position reporting to the Director of Records and Information Management for the firm. This position provides day-to-day supervision of the New York office Records Department. The Records manager is also responsible for implementing efficient procedures for creation, use, maintenance, and disposition of client and administrative records, both hard copy and electronic.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
· Manage and supervise the Records Department operations for the New York office consisting of 12 -13 staff
o Oversee all activities involved in the management of active, inactive, and vital records, and records retention and disposition
o Oversee provision of various client services, including arrivals and departures; transfer of files to clients, co-counsel and other outside related parties; inter- and intra-office file transfers; lawyer
o Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures; enhance user services and relationships; assess equipment, supply, staff, space, and technology requirements
o Develop and implement a progressive training program; monitor attendance; provide performance feedback; document performance problems; recommend disciplinary action when appropriate
· Develop procedures and audits for department operations compliance, manage and control hard-copy records systems and repositories, conduct staff training, evaluation, and development.
· Provide expertise and input into other functional areas that affect records and information (e.g., reprographics, electronic information) across the firm
· (or equivalent) with specialized course work in records management, business law, business management and computer technology, and 5+ years of experience in a records management environment
· 2+ years of increasing responsibility supervising or managing a records management department operation
· Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of records and information management principles and processes
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to work productively with firm personnel at all levels
· Ability to understand, analyze, interpret, and prepare complex file organization reports and to converse informatively with end users about RIM issues
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong computer and database skills; 3+ years utilizing legal-specific automated RM systems
· Experience in the management of legal information and records in all media formats
· Ability to develop or implement records management tools, including records inventories, records indexing and , records retention and disposition schedules, and file plans
· Ability to develop or implement policies, procedures, and strategies for managing unstructured electronic records, including documents created using e-mail records and records created using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications
· Experience eliciting and developing functional requirements for records management systems in accordance with generally accepted standards
· Experience with data collection, organization, analysis, and presentation
· One or more of the following related professional certifications preferred: Certified Records Manager (ICRM), (PMI), Certified Information Privacy Professional (IAPP)
· Understanding of (ECM) principals and philosophies
Salary is based on experience and on our client’s commitment to internal equity.
For further details on this job, to send your resume, or to make a referral:
Job Code – HRB-1 (Resumes and Cover Letters in Word Preferred)
Contact: Sarah Warner firstname.lastname@example.org