This position will allow a qualified candidate to be at the center of acquiring and creating content generated from our events, research initiatives, and publications. The Knowledge and Information Specialist will assist with content writing, editing and research, and knowledge management within the organization.
- Create approximately 125 detailed write-ups of presentations given at ANA events that summarize the content presented.
- Travel to approximately 20 ANA events outside of NYC to capture snapshot content.
- Attend all ANA webinars (virtually) and create approximately 45 write-ups based on the content presented.
- Review all third-party content that is submitted to the ANA for publication consideration.
- Seek out new third-party content for publication consideration.
- Work with internal groups to integrate content into ANA workshops and webinars.
- Establish an archival process for retiring the ANA’s older web content. Review and edit older pieces of content for grammar, consistency, and relevancy.
- Work with internal groups to disseminate ANA content via blogs, online video, and social media.
- A master’s degree in library and information science (MLS) or a related master’s degree (such as journalism or communications).
- 3+ years of work experience in a role requiring information analysis and interpretation.
- Strong writing skills are a requirement. Good copyediting skills are also a plus.
- Desire to travel.
- Experience in social media technologies and online video.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in archival practices for the web is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- High level of curiosity about relevant strategic issues and new information sources.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- High energy and results oriented.
To be considered, all applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary range to email@example.com.