Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ▼ October (4)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Saturday, October 22, 2016
Senior Research Specialist
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Location: Various Offices
Orrick currently has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Research Specialist. This position will be preferably located in the Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV. Will also consider the New York and Washington DC offices.
Provides extensive legal and non-legal research and reference services to attorneys, paralegals, other departments such as Business Development and Marketing teams and all levels of staff. The Senior Research Specialist is responsible for providing both on-site and remote research solutions to attorneys and staff in all Orrick offices on a time critical basis. Practice areas include both transactional and litigation and IP groups with a focus on the Finance, Technology and Energy and Infrastructure sectors.
• Serves as a leader, role model and mentor for co-workers within R&I globally.
• Provides extensive expert legal, business and general research assistance using a wide variety of internal and external databases and resources.
• Responsible for contributing to special projects and taking a leadership role in the execution and implementation of department initiatives.
• Performs electronic current awareness by initiating and monitoring alerts from various databases.
• Participates in creating curated newsletters for practice groups, sectors and clients.
• Conducts new employee orientations and other trainings on print and electronic resources.
• Collaborates with managers, research specialists and other team members with the purpose of exchanging information; attends and participates in various departmental and office meetings as they are scheduled.
• Participates in collection development activities including the evaluation of new databases, websites and print materials.
• Assists with evaluating, selecting and maintaining the firm's intranet research collections.
• Participates in professional associations and attends meetings or conferences to remain current on sources of information, trends in information delivery and best practices.
• Master’s Degree in library/information science (from ALA accredited school).
• Highly proficient in searching a wide variety of databases including but not limited to Westlaw, Lexis/Lexis Advance, BloombergLaw, PLC, Intelligize, D&B, Hoovers, Courtlink, Lexis Diligence, Newsdesk and the internet generally. Familiarity with MS Office and high level of comfort with information technology required.
• At least seven years of law firm legal research experience required. Extensive knowledge of legal and business research resources in all formats required.
• Experience developing and presenting substantive training programs is highly desirable.
• Should possess effective communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability in interact with all levels of law firm personnel required.
• High level of initiative and independent thinking required; ability to work effectively under pressure and to sort priorities with minimum level of direct supervision.
• Work history should demonstrate enthusiasm, flexibility, and a positive attitude.
• Proven track record of working in a collaborative environment.
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality, commercially-oriented legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple—we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, a supportive and team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members of our team. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Paralegal and Professional Staff listing at www.orrick.com/careers/. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.