Position Announcement – FT Exempt (Non-tenure track position)
Position: Electronic Services/Reference Librarian
Department: James E. Tobin Library
Report To: Director of Library & Media Services
· Serve as the Library’s Web Master.
· Provide leadership in the development and posting of library website content and the maintenance of the library web page.
· Liaison to library’s electronic resources vendors.
· Research and recommend new databases and electronic resources to support the curriculum of Molloy College.
· Develop web based resources, tutorials for library assessment.
· Keep current with emerging technologies relating to electronic resources.
· Provide training and information to librarians and library staff to promote the optimal use of electronic resources.
· Supervise one Library Media Systems Specialist.
· Participate on a regular basis to provide library instructional classes for graduate and undergraduate classes.
· Assist students and faculty in internet and database searching.
· Participate on a regular basis in collection development.
· Serve as faculty liaison to several (TBA).
· Actively participates on the “Dean’s Committee on the Library”.
This is a general description and not to be construed as all-inclusive.
· ALA accredited Master’s degree in .
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Working knowledge of HTML, ASP.
· Strong analytical and .
· Demonstrated ability to work collegially with students, faculty, staff and other librarians.
· Commitment to providing excellent public service.
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 10 am to 6:00 pm and Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Please send resume and three references to:
Office of Human Resources
1000 Hempstead Avenue, P.O.Box 5002
Rockville Centre, New York 11571-5002
Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
MOLLOY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Minorities, Women, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Originally posted on a library school listserv.