PART-TIME LIBRARIAN I or TRAINEE
The Connetquot Public Library in Bohemia, NY on Long Island seeks a visionary addition to our Adult Services Department. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of a monumental shift in the profession, as public expectations of a library experience are moving towards a progressive service-based model driven by education, technology and community-centric spaces.
• Provide information/referral services, reader's guidance and basic technology support at the Adult Services Reference desk in a part-time capacity up to 17.5 hours per week.
• Daytime hours as well as a minimum of one night per week and every other weekend will be required.
• Have an understanding of library initiatives & services including all physical and digital resources.
• Provide one-to-one technology help and troubleshooting for digital library services including downloadable eBooks, music and magazines.
• Be proficient in the use of our SirsiDynix integrated library system as well as the shared services available on Live-brary.com and the Suffolk County catalog.
• Create, coordinate, oversee and participate in engaging programs for adults.
• Actively enrolled or completed an ALA accredited MLS or equivalent.
• You are service-oriented individual, passionate about working with library patrons and helping to redefine their expectation of library service in the modern world.
• You believe that being self-motivated and your eagerness to learn new things is instrumental to your own personal growth and success.
• You are willing to collaborate with colleagues to develop new library services and enhance existing initiatives.
• Mastery and understanding of all user-based technologies, such as email, social media, mobile devices, Google Apps, Microsoft Office.
• Avid readers are welcomed and encouraged.
Approximate start date: November 2016
Benefits include Vacation time. The Connetquot Public Library participates in the New York State Retirement System. This is a Non-Competitive Civil Service position. Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If you are interested in joining our team, please respond by October 14, 2016. Cover letter and resume should be emailed to: Kimberly DeCristofaro, Library Director at email@example.com
Pro Libra Associates; www.prolibra.com
TRAK Records & Library
The NY Chapter appreciates and recognizes the above listed recruiters who specialize in placements in information-related fields.