DATA JEDI (RESEARCH INFORMATION SCIENTIST) - NYU'S CENTER FOR URBAN SCIENCE + PROGRESS
The Center for Urban Science + Progress is hiring a research information scientist who will be responsible for collecting, developing, collating, archiving and communicating information about research datasets in the CUSP data facility. The research information scientist will serve as an information specialist, programmer, and ETL engineer. This is a full time position that will help maintain CUSP's strong ties to the NYU Libraries.
Period yearly renewable
Position Reports To Associate Director for Data Resources & Data Strategy
Location Downtown Brooklyn, NY
Research data metadata standards ETL;
Database development & management
Communication with domain scientists
Communication with lay audiences
Multi-tasking in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Computer Skills Basic programming (python or similar)
MS in Library & Information Sciences or related field
COMPANY INFORMATION CUSP
1 Metro Tech Center,
19th Floor Brooklyn NY 11201 United States
To read full posting and apply:
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- F/T - Data Jedi, NYU Ctr for Urban Sci (NY)
- P/T - Adj Librarian, Westch Comm Coll (NY)
- (Temp) Digital Asset Manager, UNICEF (NY)
- Researcher (Kforce) (NY)
- F/T - Substitute Circ/Reserves Librarian, BMCC (NY...
- F/T - Head of Tech'l Svcs, Lehman/CUNY (NY)
- P/T - Evening/Wkend Librarian, Bramson ORT Coll (N...
- Gov't Documents Librarian, Voxgov (NY)
- Digitization Project Coordinator, Hunter Coll (NY)...
- F/T - Librarian, Catalyst (NY or Telecommute)
- Content Manager, Voxgov (NY)
- F/T - Scholarly Comms Librarian, Weill Cornell Med...
- Information Professionals Wanted (Acugo) (Telecomm...
- Jr. Level Info Specialist-Fin'l (Pro Libra) (NY)
- P/T - Adj Ref and Digital Outreach Lib, CUNY (NY)
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Tuesday, December 29, 2015
DATA JEDI (RESEARCH INFORMATION SCIENTIST) - NYU'S CENTER FOR URBAN SCIENCE + PROGRESS
Thursday, December 24, 2015
GSLISJOBLIST mailing list
To unsubscribe or change your preferences gotohttps://lists.qc.cuny.edu/mailman/listinfo/gslisjoblist
Consultancy Assignment: Digital Asset Manager
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant to manage UNICEF’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) platform, which houses UNICEF photography, video, brand, publication, as well as other high resolution assets from UNICEF HQ Divisions and other UNICEF offices. The purpose is to identify methods to organize and manage the entire digital asset life cycle from production to distribution and archiving via UNICEF’s DAM platform (see: WeShare.unicef.org) , while synchronizing with the needs of UNICEF’s Content Management System.
• Higher education degree in Information Science or related field;
• Demonstrable experience with large DAM systems, including technical expertise;
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in coordinating multimedia DAM systems including web, database, API, taxonomy and related components;
• Experience organising and maintaining non-book libraries and special archives online;
• Knowledge of information management and cataloguing standards;
• Understanding of both the challenges of changing working practices around assets and the people challenges of the same;
• Evidence of strong communication skills with team members;
• Experience in directing teams who deliver technical training and technical customer support;
• Demonstrable experience working with taxonomies and metadata;
• Knowledge of international documentary media standards and practices an asset;
• Excellent skills in planning communications;
• Evidence of ability to build good customer relationships with stakeholders and influencers;
• Publishing industry preferred;
• Knowledge of the Orange Logic DAM platform an asset;
• Excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by 12 January 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘Digital Asset Manager’, is quoted on the subject line. Applicants MUST submit their resume along with a signed and dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. Please send details of the daily fee/rate (in USD) you are willing to accept for the performance of this job. Please state whether negotiable or non-negotiable. To download P11: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Responsibilities will include supervising a team of support staff and college assistants, managing and improving the unit's scheduling and workflow, assisting library users with circulation challenges, overseeing a busy Reserves Collection, and ensuring high levels of service. Other responsibilities include supervising the Aleph Library system, CUNY First and other duties as assigned by the department chair. Candidate will act as liaison to CUNY Office of Library Services.
ALA accredited MLS degree required for appointment as an Instructor. ALA accredited MLS degree plus second master's degree or doctorate required for an appointment as an Assistant Professor. Candidate should have at least 2 years of working experience in Circulation.
Monday, December 21, 2015
Head of Technical Services, Lehman College
Job Title: Head of Technical Services (Instructor or Assistant Professor)
Job ID: 14163
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Thursday, December 10, 2015
Please direct all applications and inquiries to Robert Dessau. Please apply by submitting a Word or PDF version of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
DEPARTMENT: Information Center (IC)
REPORTS TO: IC Director
LOCATION: NYC Office or virtual in the United States
Catalyst is looking for a full-time reference librarian to join our fast-paced Information Center (IC). Your responsibility as a member of the IC team is to support Catalyst’s mission by providing reference to questions from our 800 member organizations, the media, scholars, and the public on a variety of diversity and inclusion topics. This librarian will also handle copyright and record retention, conduct secondary research, and create clear, concise, and impactful products in Catalyst’s areas of focus including STEM, men, Millennials in the workplace, LGBT, inclusive leadership, and people of color, among others.
• Provides in-depth answers to reference requests from key stakeholders, including Catalyst member organizations, staff, media, academics, government agencies, and students.
Knowledge Management, Copyright, Records Retention:
• Works closely with the Chief Knowledge Officer to define, manage, and update content management standards.
• Updates records-retention policies and teaches staff how to follow these policies.
• Develops expertise in copyright, and assists staff in maintaining Catalyst copyright standards.
• Supports institutional archive activities, including collecting digital and hard copy materials for historical preservation.
• Researches and creates or updates Information Center knowledge products, including statistical fact sheets, white papers, and trend reports.
• Provides data and input on infographics and data visualizations.
• Coordinates with the IC staff and Finance departments to complete monthly expense reports.
Knowledge and Skills
• Powerful research and reference abilities.
• Ability to work effectively on teams and collaborate.
• Excellent writing and strong communication skills.
• Advanced computer literacy (Windows-based environment) and technical skills, as well as a curiosity about and openness to exploring new technology.
• Ability to organize and manage own workload.
• Openness to learning on a daily basis.
• Flexibility to adapt to frequent and unexpected demands.
• Deadline-driven, results-focused, fast-paced environment with frequent and unexpected demands.
• Fun challenges and collaborative team.
• Team is geographically spread out, and relies heavily on real-time messaging system.
Education and Experience Requirements
This position requires that the candidate have an MLIS/MLS from an ALA-accredited institution or an international equivalent, and at least two years of experience with basic library processes and procedures. Knowledge of copyright is nice to have.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary history to email@example.com with "Librarian" in the subject line. The location of this position is flexible—please indicate whether the NYC office or the city of your home office would be the preferred location.
Voxgov is fast growing startup company that collects, organizes, and analyzes tens of millions of U.S. federal government documents. We are looking for someone who has skills in quality assurance, administration, data entry, and has an excellent eye for detail. This is an entry-level position with room for growth.
You are an extremely detail-oriented individual, who can quickly and accurately find and report errors in our content. You have basic computer skills and are comfortable working in front of a computer for long stretches. You are eager to work for a growing start-up and becoming an invaluable member of our team. You are a motivated self-starter.
• Review content to ensure unwanted material is not included before publishing
• Work closely with data team to complete projects
• Conduct error-free data analysis
• Experience and comfort using a computer and sitting in front of a screen for the majority of the day
• Technical skills include familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs; all other needed software skills will be taught on-site
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently
• Excellent communication skills
• An interest in government and politics is not required but is a plus
• An interest in working for a small, emerging start-up company is a plus
• The position is paid, and can be filled by an intern or full-time employee
• Compensation: competitive salary
To apply: email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org