- Conduct research to identify corporate transactions, deals, events, etc. and obtain related documents
- Research SEC filings for precedents containing specific disclosures / language
- Identify and obtain specific SEC filings / exhibits as well as documents of non- registered companies
- Compile company profile/background reports utilizing company intelligence databases and LexisNexis.
- Obtain current and historical stock / bond prices, currency exchange rates, CUSIPs, market capitalization data and more from Bloomberg and S&P Capital IQ
- Work on special projects as needed, e.g. compiling league table data, conducting targeted company intelligence-related research
- Familiarity with the language of business and corporate transactions
- Proficient using Bloomberg, Capital IQ, FactSet, Lexis Securities Mosaic, Intelligize, LexisNexis, Thomson One
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- Corporate Librarian, Davis Polk (NY)
- Legal Research Librarians (ProLiBRA) (NY)
- Adj Instructor-Info Lit, Bramson ORT Coll (NY)
- P/T - Direct Sales Rep, Dragonfly (Remote)
- Legal Business Research Mgr (Pro LiBRA) (PA)
- (Temp) Librarian (PRO LiBRA) (NJ)
- P/T - Wkend/Evening Lib, School of Visual Arts (NY...
- Research & Knowledge Mgmt Lib (Cl on For'n Rel'ns)...
- Data Specialist, Queens Library (NY)
- Content Manager, Voxgov (NY)
- Taxonomy & Metadata Sol'n Analyst (Techlink) (NY)
- F/T - Research Specialist, Akin Gump (NY)
- Interlibrary Loan Librarian, Hughes Hubbard (NY)
- F/T - Assoc Coord'r Metadata Svcs, Queens Lib (NY)...
- F/T - Corp Lib Spec't (2 positions), Skadden Arps ...
- F/T - Archivist, Nat'l Archives Records Adm (NY)
- P/T - Librarian, Berkeley College (NY)
- Digital Content Mgr, Achievement Network (Remote)
- P/T - Asst Librarian, NY School of Int Design (NY)...
- P/T - Ref/Instruction Librarian, Stony Brook U (NY...
- Information Specialist (Pro Libra) (NY)
- (Temp) Audiovisual Archivist, Rutgers U (NJ)
- F/T - Assoc Dir, Global Knowledge Ctr, Celgene (NJ...
- F/T - BI Analyst (Considine Search) (NY)
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Friday, October 30, 2015
Thursday, October 29, 2015
Pro Libra is seeking Legal Research Librarians/Contract Positions for a law firm client in New York City.
Legal Research Librarians /Contract Positions
Responsible for researching and providing legal, corporate and general reference information to attorneys and staff in all practice areas of the firm.
· M.S in Library Science and or JD
· Proficient with PC including email, Internet, and common software. Knowledge and proficiency in use of Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, Internet, Dialog, Bloomberg Law, CCH, and other legal and general information databases. Excellent telephone, written and oral communication skills.
· Previous law library experience
Please send resumes or contact:
Pro Libra Associates
Angela Dzikowski Email: email@example.com
Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Saturday, October 24, 2015
(PT/Remote) Direct Sales Representative, Dragonfly Sales and Marketing Consulting
Position Summary and General Description:The Direct Sales Representative will sell eJournal and eBook products published by Dragonfly clients. Representative will establish new license and subscription accounts and maintain and grow existing accounts. Accounts are academic, hospital, government and corporate libraries.
- Negotiate and close new and renewal business for products represented by Dragonfly.
- Understand client needs and requirements to uncover additional opportunities for sales.
- Foster existing customer relationships through telephone/email and possibly, site visits/conferences/presentations.
- Participate in weekly phone call with Vice President of Sales, communicate regularly with Dragonfly staff, and produce biweekly sales pipeline report to ensure sales growth, the development of new sales channels, customer satisfaction.
- Create presentations as needed that effectively communicate the value of products represented by Dragonfly.
- Stay abreast of library/scholarly publishing trends.
Job Requirements (minimum level of knowledge/skill [education/experience] needed to perform job):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum of two (2) years prior publishing sales experience preferred.
- Twenty (20) hour work week preferred.
- Strong sales skills with the ability to drive new sales and establish business relationships.
- Participate in complex contract negotiations and proposal development.
- Experience indicating an understanding of / or ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities outlined above.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Proven track record of increasing year-to-year revenue growth in a sales environment.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer-facing situations.
- Knowledge of journal publishing in particular, library consortia and multi-site licensing strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding and previous experience in the Science, Technology and Medical (STM) publishing market preferred.
- Personable and detail-oriented with strong communication (written and oral), organizational and time management skills.
- Self-directed and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Competent computer skills in SalesForce, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
Compensation and benefits
- Strong commission on all new and renewal sales.
- Additional commission for attaining defined sales targets.
- Flexible work hours.
Legal Business Research Mgr., PRO LiBRA – PA
This newly created role will report to the Director of Business and Competitive Intelligence and will manage a research team of four staff members, be a project manager for business research and collection development related projects, and will be responsible for the coordination of firm-wide business research requests.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Managing the Business research team, including monitoring request intake, assignment and review of the daily workflow of requests including but not limited to company profiles, industry profiles, market opportunity assessments and due diligence reports on entities and individuals.
* Managing all aspects of business research and collection development related projects
* Providing comprehensive business, industry and company research using a variety of print and online resources
* Precisely and intelligently communicating the results of research requests to the requestors
* Working on special projects as assigned
* MBA, MLS, JD or related job experience
* Previous Experience in business research in a professional services environment
* Experience in management or oversight of others, particularly in the research area
* Knowledge of and ability to use print and on-line resources, including Westlaw, Bloomberg, Capital IQ, and other types of web-based services, including corporate and securities research tools
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to manage time, establish priorities, respond to emergencies and deal with individuals with patience and diplomacy
* Ability to maintain a service-oriented attitude, remaining poised under pressure
* Ability to take initiative and work independently
Please send resumes or contact:
Pro Libra Associates
Angela Dzikowski: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Temp) Librarian, PRO LiBRA – NJ
Explains use of reference sources to patrons such as bibliographic indexes and reading guides.
Describes or demonstrates procedures for searching catalog files and shelf collections to obtain materials.
Provides readers’ advisory services to suggest materials to patrons seeking aid in selection of reading material.
Answers reference questions which have a wide range in difficulty varying from those which can be answered by brief consultation of general or special reference tools, to elusive and involved questions that require extended searching in many sources both within and without the library.
Determines content and arrangement of library material for displays, exhibits, and special library programs.
Reviews library collections of books, films, periodicals, records, and so forth to weed material for purpose of discarding due to obsolescence.
Will be required to learn to utilized various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
A Degree in Library or Information Science in a library program from a library school accredited by the State Board of Education.
EXPERIENCE (PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENT):
One (1) year of librarian experience.
Send resumes or contact: Angela Dzikowski
- Fall and Spring semesters only (September to May, no summers)
- Hours: 10 hours per week. The times: Saturday afternoons (2pm to 5pm); Sunday afternoons (1pm to 6pm); plus one weekday evening 6pm to 8pm (specific weekday may vary semester to semester)
- Has primary responsibility during weekends and one weekday evening for assisting undergraduates, graduate students and faculty members with library navigation and use of online catalog and electronic resources.
- Works on special cataloging projects under the supervision of the head of technical services.
- Develops LibGuides and other research aids.
- Presents occasional weekend library instruction sessions.
- Performs administrative-related tasks in reference services as required.
- Provides support to weekend and evening managers with student supervision, resolution of patron issues, facilities problems, etc.
- Reports any patron or staff problems/issues to supervisor. Recommends weekend and evening service improvements.
- MLS degree and subject knowledge of the humanities, art & design history
- Ability to work 10 hours per week, including weekends and one weekday evening
- Experience using online art and design databases
- Excellent communication and customer services skills
- Cataloging experience in an academic or museum setting
- Knowledge of AACR2, LCRI, LCC, LCSH and MARC
- Experience with OCLC Connection and ExLibris Voyager preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented, with ability to maintain focus on long-term projects.
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
- Providing general and in-depth reference services and consultation on CFR research projects.
- Working with fellow librarians to create and deliver innovative instructional resources (orientations, workshops, etc.).
- Assessing effectiveness of training in furthering CFR missions through follow-up interviews, web based assessments, usability studies, and regular audits of information preferences of institutional researchers and administrators.
- Collaborating with other departments to identify, implement, and assess effectiveness of various technology solutions in delivering reference and instruction.
- Working with colleagues to develop the Library's research portal and design information delivery programs that support CFR projects and administrative processes.
- Working collaboratively to set priorities and determine appropriate institutional approaches to digital asset management.
- Contributing to selection, acquisition and organization of books and materials in anticipation of changing institutional research priorities.
- Participating in establishing and continuous improvement of taxonomy structures for CFR enterprise content management systems and licensed research sources.
- Participating in departmental strategic planning and the evaluation of the Library's contribution to institutional missions and goals.
- Master's degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program.
- 3-5 years of professional library experience designing and delivering social sciences research and instructional services in a complex non-profit, academic, or business environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with databases, publications, informal networks, and data sources that support international affairs and geoeconomic research.
- Experience developing and delivering information resources and technology training to researchers and staff at varying levels of experience and seniority.
- Working knowledge of information management principles, techniques, and technology for classification, preservation, search, and records management in both print and digital formats.
- Working knowledge of taxonomy structures, controlled vocabulary and metadata; experience with information architecture and digital asset management (DAM) systems a plus.
- Ability to approach projects in a practical and entrepreneurial manner, with strong creative, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Readily able to manage capacity and workload with flexibility and responsiveness.
- A collegial style suited to work in a small office setting where teamwork is highly valued.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to convey complex processes in clear and simple terms.
- Proficient in the use of technology in all facets of work including standard office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience with information/knowledge management projects that developed robust research and information delivery systems and experience with integrating library and research services into a SharePoint environment a plus.
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Data Specialist, Queens Library (NY)
Position Title: Data Specialist
Posting Date: October 9, 2015
Salary Range: $49,732 - $63,666
Classification: Senior Librarian
Closing Date: October 23, 2015
Open To: All Qualified Staff are eligible to apply regardless of date of appointment into current position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for database maintenance, configuration, batch processes and trouble-shooting activities. Serves as the technical point person for OCLC, Innovative and other metadata and systems vendors. Assists in the improvement of discovery services on the library website. Prepares staff members for adoption of Bibframe and other linked data initiatives. Performs record overlays, batch record migrations, writes data transformation programs, assists with updates from Virtua to OCLC to maintain accuracy of databases. Generates reports. Serve as technical point person in the library's relationships with ILS, DAMS and metadata vendors. This includes maintaining a running list of enhancements and bug fixes for these systems. Coordinate with ITD staff working to improve the library's discovery layer. Coordinate with Metadata Services staff to create VRA, MARC, Dublin Core and EAD records for archival materials (maps, photographs, manuscripts, musical scores, etc. Must maintain up!
-to-date expertise in the rapidly changing information field, taking a lead on behalf of the library to bring new developments and standards into the library's practices. Train staff on new technologies and best practices around the adoption of Bibframe and other linked data projects. Performs other duties as required.
ALA accredited MLS/MLIS degree and eligibility for a New York State Public Librarian's Certificate required. Experience with cataloging and database management required. Fluency with metadata schemas and crosswalk creation for library and archival materials required. Previous experience with MARC and VRA formats, Microsoft Office Suite, MARC Edit, oXygen XML Editor, Perl, and fluency with ILS and DAMS with Virtua and Vital preferred. NACO and BIBCO experience and familiarity with XML preferred. Able to perform independently, be self-motivated, and juggle multiple tasks with a positive attitude. Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work well as a team member. Willingness to adapt to new technologies and processes. Attention to detail and accuracy. Knowledge of Bibframe, the Digital Public Library of America initiative, website development (PHP and other programming languages), and linked data. Fluency in one of the international languages spoken in Queens preferred.
THIS POSITION MAY BE ADVERTISED EXTERNALLY.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@queenslibrary.org
Voxgov is fast growing startup company that collects, organizes, and analyzes tens of millions of U.S. federal government documents. We are looking for someone who has skills in quality assurance, administration, data entry, and has an excellent eye for detail. This is an entry-level position with room for growth.
You are an extremely detail-oriented individual, who can quickly and accurately find and report errors in our content. You have basic computer skills and are comfortable working in front of a computer for long stretches. You are eager to work for a growing start-up and becoming an invaluable member of our team. You are a motivated self-starter.
• Review content to ensure unwanted material is not included before publishing
• Work closely with data team to complete projects
• Conduct error-free data analysis
• Experience and comfort using a computer and sitting in front of a screen for the majority of the day
• Technical skills include familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs; all other needed software skills will be taught on-site
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently
• Excellent communication skills
• An interest in government and politics is not required but is a plus
• An interest in working for a small, emerging start-up company is a plus
• The position is paid, and can be filled by an intern or full-time employee
• Compensation: competitive salary
To apply: email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
(Temp) Taxonomy and Metadata Solution Analyst, Techlink Systems – NY
Develop, implement and maintain entity lists, taxonomies and ontologies.
Research metadata standards, create best practices guidelines and provide necessary training to execute Analyze and fix inconsistencies on taxonomy terms and metadata sets.
Lead the use of metadata content into the enterprise systems (iNews, NewsConnect, MAM, PAM). Help determine automated technology solutions to enhance existing workflows and existing data sets.
* At least two years’ experience working in related job.
* Experience with XML/JSON
* Experience creating and implementing metadata standard, schemas and taxonomies.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Familiarity with media or publishing industry a plus.
* Hands on programming experience a plus.
* Masters of Library Science (MLIS) preferred.
For more information or to apply, send resume to:
DIRECT: (415) 528-5358
New York ~ San Francisco ~ Los Angeles
Honored as an INC500 member of the Fastest Growing Companies for 2006, 2007 and 2008.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has an exciting opportunity for a Research Specialist in several locations (New York City, NY; Dallas or Houston, TX; Southern CA, and Washington, DC). Under the immediate supervision of the Research Services Manager, the Research Specialist is responsible for performing and managing requests for legal, corporate, business development and other research, especially with a focus for some of the firm’s transactional and policy groups. The Research Specialist is expected to serve as a positive role model and mentor, and to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, efficient and effective departmental operations, and an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Research Specialist must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm's Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATIONAL/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: