Reference/Instruction Librarian (4 part-time positions), Union County College – NJ
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities:
Assists patrons in finding information in a variety of formats, either at UCC or elsewhere.
• Instructs individual users in the use of the libraries.
• Works with faculty and the Bibliographic Instruction Librarian to provide instruction to groups and classes, as scheduled.
• Keeps statistics of library services rendered while on duty.
• Assists with special projects and programs as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Libraries or his/her designe(e).
American Library Association accredited MLS.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong reference experience.
• Strong Library instruction and/or teaching experience.
Terms of employment:
Maximum 25 hours per week. Must be able to work at any of all three campus libraries. Flexible schedule to meet department needs. Some evening, weekends, and extended hours will be required. Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to all on and off- campus sites as needed by the college. Employee must establish primary residency in New Jersey within one year of appointment unless an exemption applies.
To apply: https://ucc.peopleadmin.com/postings/1254