Senior Project Manager, Information Management Project, Council on Foreign Relations – NY
The Senior Project Manager’s role will be to provide long and short term project planning; including coordinating the engagements of consulting specialists, vendors, and CFR staff. The Project Manager will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
The main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining a strategic and tactical plan for the IMP, providing guidance, options, and recommendations.
- Overseeing the development of the IMP Program governance standards, policies, and procedures.
- Working with the IMP team and stakeholders to translate business processes analysis into RFPs and RFDs. Coordinating vendor presentations and proof of concept projects.
- Meeting regularly with IMP team, Senior Management Team, Business Process Team, and IS technical architecture team to review existing and backlogged projects, identify critical dependencies between projects, develop integrated project schedules, and communicate program strategy, direction, and changes.
- Monitoring and reporting progress on projects to the IMP team.
- Identifying and recommending supporting organizational changes for adopting new enterprise-wide content management practices.
- A minimum of 5 years of related project management experience. Comprehensive knowledge of project management concepts and a portfolio of complex project implementations.
- Degree in related field.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in implementing or maintaining enterprise content management principles, tools and technologies.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office SharePoint Suite 2010 Server, Designer, and Infopath.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CRM.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Exchange.
- Strong understanding of search tools and search technologies.Knowledge of records management principles.
- Self-starter with excellent planning, organizational, problem-solving, and leadership skills, including the proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking experience
- Ability to work in and lead groups of employees, management, and vendor representatives.
- Proven ability to express complex technical concepts in understandable terms.
- Experience implementing SharePoint 2010 or 2013, with proven ability to translate business requirements and processes into effective SharePoint solutions, strongly preferred
Posted: August 2013
How to apply
PLEASE INCLUDE THE POSITION NAME IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
Human Resources Office
58 East 68th St., New York, NY 10065
FAX: (212) 434-9893