Science Reference Librarian; Drew Univ – NJ
Drew University Library in Madison, NJ seeks a user-centered and collegial librarian to support the research needs of a small, selective university, with responsibility for outreach to science students and faculty. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Reference and Research Services Department to promote use of library resources, and participate in planning and providing a full range of instruction and reference services to the University, with advanced reference, liaison, and collection development responsibilities in the sciences. The Science Reference Librarian will work 10 months a year, with some evening and weekend duties. Competitive 10-month salary.Required: An ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS, strong academic background in the sciences, ability to provide effective instruction in scientific scholarship and literature, solid interpersonal and communication skills, facility applying emerging technologies in an academic environment, ability to work independently and collaboratively in a collegial environment.
Preferred: Undergraduate or graduate degree in the sciences, knowledge of instructional design and technology, ability to contribute to the development of an assessment program, demonstrated familiarity with e-science initiatives and GIS, 1-2 years experience with academic reference and library instruction.
To apply, please submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae, with the names and email addresses of three references to: HR0513email@example.com .
A detailed position description is available at: http://www.drew.edu/library/2013/05/science-lib . For fullest consideration, apply by July 5, 2013. To enrich education through diversity, Drew University is an AA/EOE. In accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations, successful applicant must be legally able to work in the United States.
For more information please see http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=30753bf94705abf4&q=%28library+or+librarian+or+%22library+science%22%29&l=07675&tk=17rplskg00mqi3ue&from=web
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- F/T - Science Reference Librarian - Drew Univ. (NJ...
- F/T - Digital Researcher - NBC Universal (NY)
- F/T - Research and Knowledge Mgmt Liaison Libraria...
- P/T - Reference Librarian - Mercy College, Manhatt...
- Freelance - Upload, Catalog, & Metadata Specialist...
- F/T - Reference/Instruction Librarian - Penn State...
- F/T - Archive Digital Assets Coordinator - Coach (...
- P/T - Webmaster/Web Designer - Lupus Research Inst...
- F/T - Multimedia Content Manager - Related Compani...
- F/T - Director of Knowledge Management (Herbert Mi...
- Temp - Lit and Information Research Professional -...
- P/T - Content Management Assistant - Sloan-Ketteri...
- F/T - Digital Designer - Guggenheim Partners (NY)
- Temp - Senior Information Specialist - Bain & Co. ...
- F/T - Librarian - Education Mgmt Corp (NY)
- F/T - CEO - Bibliomation (CT)
- F/T - Medical Librarian - Virtua (NJ)
- F/T - Knowledge Representation Specialist - Elsevi...
- F/T - Undergraduate Experience Librarian - Rutgers...
- F/T - Manager of Organizational Assessment - Queen...
- F/T - Asst. Chief Conservator, Yale Univ (CT)
- (Temp) Metadata Specialist, LAC Group – Remote
- FT - Advanced Referencing Services Specialist - In...
- Temp - DAM Associate - Bain & Co (NY)
- Temp - Collections Information Associate - Princet...
- F/T - Taxonomy Analyst - Vibrant Media (NY)
- F/T - Sr. Mgr for Bronx Libraries, NYPL (NY)
- F/T - Research Librarian (ONeil Search Group) - NY...
- P/T - Digital Content Management Specialist (Matri...
- F/T - DAM Systems Admin - Wildlife Conservation So...
- F/T - Knowledge Manager for Finance and Risk (F&R)...
- F/T - Manager, Community Outreach - Queens Library...
- F/T - Client Account Specialist - Infotrieve (CT)
- F/T - Market Research Analyst - Real Estate (NY)
- Metadata Architect - Tiffany (NY)
- F/T - Processing Archivist - Am Jewish Joint Dist'...
- F/T - Reference Librarian, Int'l and Foreign Law -...
- P/T - Ingest Operator / Media Coordinator - LAC Gr...
- F/T - Taxonomist - Logic Corp. (NY)
- F/T - Records & Information Management Leader - GE...
- F/T - Health Sciences Librarian Fellow, NYU Health...
- F/T - Ontology Manager - NYU Health Sciences Libra...
- F/T - Research Services Coordinator - Columbia Uni...
- F/T - Research Associate, Yeshiva Univ. (NY)
- P/T - Digital Librarian - Mount Vernon (NY)
- F/T - Research Services Librarian - Reed Smith (NY...
- F/T - Library Relations Manager - Jack Farrell & A...
- F/T - Vertical Sales Strategist - Valueclick (NY)
- F/T Temporary - Librarian, GS-1410-11, US Coast Gu...
- F/T - Knowledge Manager, Novartis (East Hanover, N...
- F/T - Publications Coordinator - Berman Larson Kan...
- Contract - Virtual Library Learning Manager, Brist...
- F/T - Strategic Research Analyst - LAC Group - NY
- F/T - Librarian - Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philade...
- F/T - Librarian II - NYPL
- F/T - Librarian/User Engagement and Outreach Speci...
- ▼ May (56)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Thursday, May 30, 2013
Science Reference Librarian; Drew Univ – NJ
Digital Researcher; NBC Universal – NY
NBC New is looking for The Digital Researcher who will be responsible for providing research and physical/digital content in the most efficient and effective way for incoming sales jobs, proactive and business development projects and website upload. Actively contributing content to the website and to pitches and new projects, the Digital Researcher brings an entrepreneurial approach to research, “owns” our content and plays a key role in helping the team monetize the archives.
The right candidate will show the ability to look for and integrate information from multiple sources, optimizing all internal and external research tools and information sources to provide the most relevant content with the fastest turnaround time. The Digital Researcher will help establish new standards and practices for the Research team in an evolving online environment. He or she naturally uses the growing number of sources to find content and information from youtube to Wikipedia to Ardome to competitors’ sites.
This individual will be expected to juggle and prioritize requests from several team members and must be able to complete them on tight deadlines and be a flexible team player. Understanding the client’s objectives and constraints, the Digital Researcher will take initiative to find the best source of information for each research request and be able to determine the type of research to conduct to get the material requested in the most productive way. He will show good judgment in providing quick website research or more in-depth text research based on clients’ needs, narrowing or expanding searches depending on the nature and commercial context of the request.
◦Understand the overall sales process and keep updated on department’s clients, jobs and sales.
◦Understand the overall technical workflow and delivery options in order to anticipate constraints, deadlines and output (e.g. HD formats, files size, etc).
◦Conduct multi-tiered research to fulfil clients requests: quick website research to create a clipbin or find a compilation to send to client immediately and, if necessary, go deeper in internal archives (e.g. Ardome) to find additional video or text research.
◦Systematically and effectively use all internal tools and databases available: Ardome, Interplay, LMX and local affiliates database, ITV and searches for additional information online: Lexus Nexus, google, video players, etc.
◦Research clients’ requests per salesperson’s request. Proactively recommend content, make suggestions on better or alternate stories, clips or cuts.
◦Create screeners and process master orders per salesperson’s request: order and screen material, create digital screeners in Ardome, create work orders and follow up on fulfilment.
◦Provide all rights clearance and permissions information and make recommendations to sales persons.
◦Keep accurate records of all research undertaken, tape orders, clearance/copyright checks and communicate progress and findings to salespeople on a timely basis.
◦Assist customers in navigating the website to find the right content and make recommendations to improve our website user’s experience.
•Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university required
•Minimum 1 year experience researching archival or stock footage.
•Knowledge of rights and clearances required.
•Knowledge and interest in popular culture, history, US & world news, geography, etc.
•Curious about new uses of video, video agregators, social media, digital platforms, etc.
•Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
•Must be able and willing to work flexible hours to meet clients’ deadline.
•Must be willing to work in NYC.
•Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
•Must be 18 years or older.
•To apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=169941&partnerid=25354&siteid=5108&codes=AD007
University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Research and Knowledge Management Liaison Librarian
The University of Pennsylvania Libraries seek a dynamic, service-oriented librarian to proactively provide outreach services to Penn's biomedical research community, with over 2,000 full-time health sciences faculty, consistently a leader in research funding and discovery, top ranking in NIH funding with more than $450 million in NIH dollars in 2012. This newly created position is in direct support of the Penn Libraries' Strategic Plan, which emphasizes "?Excellence in Learning Management & Research Support" and "Expertise in Knowledge Management Services.
The position will be instrumental in assessing research needs and creating a set of services in support of the research life cycle at Penn, ranging from development of a data management portal (e.g., Symplectic Elements) to implementing tools to enhance research collaboration (VIVO). The broad goals of the position are to integrate the Biomedical Library into the arena of the overlapping fields of e-science, data storage and curation, bibliometrics (citation tracking and analysis), scholarly communication and research collaboration, as well as genomic and biological data, and to establish the Libraries as a clearinghouse for research resources. The anticipated outcomes are improved research efficiency and maximization of research impact.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Biomedical Library, the position will be a member of the Biomedical Library Information Services team. The position will be based at the Biomedical Library while working closely with colleagues throughout the Penn Libraries, including the Dental and Veterinary librarians, science librarians (Engineering, Chemistry, Math/Physics), IT professionals, and the Scholarly Communications Librarian.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
•Assess and monitor needs of researchers and research teams to identify opportunities for the Penn Libraries.
•Develop a network of IT and informatics colleagues and research administrators, both throughout Penn's campus and externally through professional meetings, to collaborate on research support services.
•Provide liaison services to the Biomedical Graduate Studies (BGS) programs of the Perelman School of Medicine, a key constituency of 750+ students, building on recent successful model of direct outreach to student groups.
•Participate in Biomedical Research Cores' activities such as the Research Cores Facilities Fair to promote related Library services and position the Biomedical Library as a Research Core Facility.
•Participate on committees and task forces at the schools and centers served by the position as well as within the Penn Libraries.
•Partner with Bioinformatics Core to offer complementary services related to the provision of bioinformatics/genomic databases and the training in use of such databases. Develop and maintain website highlighting bioinformatics/genomic databases and training opportunities.
Research collaboration and management
•Support VIVO and research information management system development and implementation
•Monitor and evaluate citation and other research analysis tools.
•Upon request by faculty, deans and administrators, conduct citation analysis reports on an institutional, departmental, and individual author level.
•In consultation with departments such as the Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development, provide workshops, for both library staff and for Penn faculty and staff, demonstrating various forms of analyzing research impact and productivity.
E-Science, data management, scholarly communication
•Monitor data storage and curation activities and interests on campus to identify opportunities for library partnerships.
•In conjunction with appropriate stakeholders, develop workflows and mechanisms for depositing Penn Faculty's research data and research papers in repositories for the sharing of research data.
•Participate on Penn Libraries' Repository Services Team.
•Monitor trends in scholarly communication and publishing, with special attention to PubMed Central, the NSF, and the Penn Scholarly Commons repository.
Information Services Team
•Maintain content on the "Researchers" tab on the Biomedical Library homepage.
•Provide reference service and research consultations.
•Participate on other projects and initiatives as assigned.
•An ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library and Information Science and a minimum of 2 years of professional library experience in an academic library or research center or equivalent combination of education and experience; and a demonstrated interest and expertise in informatics and/or relevant scientific field.
•Self-starter with relationship-building skills.
•Demonstrated interest and expertise in informatics and/or a relevant scientific field.
•Course work in or equivalent knowledge and experience with metrics and statistics.
•Demonstrated collaborative and organizational strength, and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
•Understanding of the potential of developing technologies for enhancing services, and demonstrated knowledge of the latest trends and available tools for teaching and electronic delivery of information.
•Ability to work independently as well as operate within a collegial framework of faculty, staff, students and administrators to deliver desired outcomes.
•Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and active involvement in professional activities.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes a generous benefits package, additional information available at http://www.hr.upenn.edu/jobs/benefits.asp.
Potential candidates are invited to submit a letter of application that addresses the needs and qualifications of the position, along with their resume and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references who can address the suitability of the candidate for the position described, as well as complete an on-line employment application at http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=197281.
Alternatively, you may search by reference # 130334398 at http://www.hr.upenn.edu/jobs.
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
(PT) Reference Librarian, Mercy College (Manhattan Branch) – NY
Mercy College is inviting applicants to apply for the position of Reference Librarian. This is a part-time position at the Manhattan Branch.
Reporting to the Manhattan Branch Librarian, the Reference Librarian will be responsible for: searching standard reference materials, including on-line sources and the Internet, in order to answer patrons’ reference questions; analyzing patrons’ requests to determine needed information, and assisting in furnishing or locating that information; teaching library patrons to search for information using databases; assisting patrons with technology issues in the library, including use of computers, printers, laptops, software and other issues; and explaining use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services, and providing information about library policies.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Interested candidates should send cover letter stating salary requirements and resume as attachments by a applying online at https://jobs.mercy.edu. For more information about the College, visit www.mercy.edu.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education requirements: MLS or equivalent degree required.
Experience or skills required: Must be comfortable with instructional technology and software.
(Freelance) Upload, Catalog, & Metadata Specialist, HBO – NY
Home Box Office (HBO) is seeking an Upload, Catalog, & Metadata Specialist for a freelance assignment. This position is located in New York, NY.
Requisition # 136753BR
To ensure efficient and consistent accessibility and retrieval of digital images by users, prepare and process digital images for uploading and cataloging in digital asset management systems, including OpenText/Artesia’s Digital Library, GLOBALedit or any future technology. Imagery includes Original, Theatrical and Key Art assets. Adhere to metadata standards and systems of record, data methodology and contractual agreements. Participate in the preparation and conversion of assets from existing systems to future systems to support the accessibility, retrieval, and distribution of assets used to support the programming, promotional, and other activities of the company.
• Prepare and process digital assets for uploading and cataloging in digital asset management systems.
• Manage and maintain the integrity of metadata about image and print assets in HBO’s Digital Asset Management Systems (OpenText’s Digital Library and GLOBALedit, or any future technology.)
• Assign and enter accurate and specific metadata to assets within the digital asset management systems (e.g., title, subtitle, episode, release date, photographer, source, category, media, etc.)
• Liaise with Photo Editors and Retouchers on incoming jobs to ensure that expected needs and deadlines are met
• Perform original cataloging and metadata entry for newly added assets as well as existing assets in HBO’s digital asset management systems
• Follow established guidelines of HBO’s metadata standards, using all available resources cast lists, media guides, internal company databases, etc. to research talent, show synopses, copyright information, etc.
• Create, review, research, and maintain high-level content metadata through check accuracy, validity, and consistency of incoming requests and update as needed to ensure metadata is correct and consistent.
• Help prioritize all incoming ingest/cataloging jobs to team members via internal workflow tool
• Collaborate with clients to gain clarification on request specifics to ensure successful upload and cataloging
• Perform QC checks on completed jobs in DAM systems
• Background and familiarity with DAM systems
• Background in taxonomy, metadata and cataloguing standards
• Must be able to work efficiently and meticulously, delivering a large number of assets to the Digital Library users in a short period of time
• Ability to multi-task with several complex and demanding concurrent projects
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Must be proficient using both Macintosh and Windows platforms
• Must be skilled using the following software: Adobe Creative Suite 4 (which includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Lightroom and Bridge)
• Knowledge of Photo Mechanic Aperture, Quark Xpress, Suitcase, Adobe Type Manager, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel a benefit
Friday, May 24, 2013
The campus library seeks a proactive and creative librarian to provide general and specialized reference services. Duties of this tenure track position include the provision of reference services (both in person and in a virtual setting); bibliographic instruction; developing research guides and instructional materials; promoting library collections and services to faculty and students; and collection development. In addition to these duties, tenure track library faculty are expected to publish in scholarly journals, present at conferences, and demonstrate service to the University and the profession. Some evening and/or weekend work is required.
Requirements: Requires a MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program (or equivalent); experience with reference and bibliographic instruction; demonstrated knowledge of academic and library applications of Web 2.0 technologies, demonstrated ability to provide leadership in the delivery of a campus-wide bibliographic instruction program; strong knowledge of print and electronic information resources; demonstrated potential to achieve the requirements for tenure and promotion in the areas of librarianship, research, and service; excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Prefer at least one year of post MLS experience in an academic library setting. Please visit http://www.libraries.psu.edu/psul/policies/ulhrg07.html to learn more about the University Libraries Promotion and Tenure Guidelines.
Salary and Benefits: Salary and rank are dependent upon qualifications. Excellent fringe benefits include liberal vacation, excellent insurance and health care coverage, State or TIAA-CREF retirement options, and educational privileges.
Environment: Penn State Brandywine is located in the Philadelphia area. The campus offers 12 baccalaureate degrees, 3 associate degrees, and the first 2 years of coursework for over 160 Penn State majors. There are approximately 1600 students, all commuters. More details about the Penn State Brandywine campus can be found at http://www.brandywine.psu.edu
To Apply: Send a letter of application, resumé, and the names and contact information of three professional references to Search Committee, The Pennsylvania State University, Box BWRIL-PSUL, 511 Paterno Library, University Park, PA 16802. Applications may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Box BWRIL-PSUL in the email subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they are received with final considerations for interviews made no later than June 30, 2013. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
See: http://www.libraries.psu.edu/psul/jobs/facjobs/bwril.html (Source: ALA JobList)
Job Title: Coordinator, Archive Digital Assets
Position Description: Archive Assistant / New York, NY
Primary Purpose: The primary purpose of the Archive Assistant is to assist the Senior Archive Manager with the implementation, maintenance, and development of the COACH Archive. This entails the documentation and management of approximately 15,000 physical items and their digital records. Serving as both a Design resource and historical record the COACH Archive supports the Design department and COACH-at-large.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Archives to…
- Assist in data collection and standardization for existing and new collection materials
- Work daily with Archive users to process loan requests, create and deliver digital files, and reconcile loans
- Arrange and describe physical collection, photograph physical collection, and digitize printed ephemera
- Administer archive tours to internal and external clients and supervise interns
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve project goals
- Archive experience at a corporate brand or corporate brand experience
- Intermediate Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- An on-brand eye for detail and company identity
- 1 or more years of collection management experience in an archive or museum setting a plus
- Digital SLR photography skills and experience a plus
Thursday, May 23, 2013
Candidate will redesign one website in entirety and maintain as webmaster after redesign is complete. While the website is being redesigned, candidate would maintain current website as needed. Candidate will also serve as webmaster for a second website.
Current combined amount of time each week spent maintaining both sites: about 12 hours
- Publish content as provided by Communications team to Drupal and static websites
- Create graphics for websites and other media to promote events
- Create forms for events and donation pages
- Analyze traffic data and provide monthly reports
- Monitor and troubleshoot web server issues when they arise
- Web design expertise
- Comfort using Drupal to maintain websites and add website features
- Able to develop website from start to finish in Drupal
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong comfort with Photoshop
- Demonstrated eye for detail
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Familiarity with Blackbaud NetCommunity
- Print design experience
The Manager, Multimedia Content will work closely with the Vice President, Creative Services on the initial setup and/or ongoing maintenance of the corporate, marketing and business websites; will provide images to the media, marketers and developers; and will assist with the setup and maintenance of the new Digital Asset Management system.
The Multimedia Content Manager will be responsible for:
Assisting marketing, communications and the development staff with making content updates to all Related Companies websites including: corporate, Related Rentals and its microsites, Related Sales and its microsites, and Hudson Yards.
Providing images and videos to all internal and external users from Related’s existing digital library of photographs, renderings, floor plans, logos and videos.
Working with the Vice President, Creative Services on the initial set-up, testing and maintenance of the new Digital Asset Management system. This responsibility will include image selection and ingestion, a process that includes inputting search friendly metadata, and licensing and usage rights.
Supporting Related’s social media efforts on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Designing and editing eBlasts, ads, digital presentations, brochures and other materials for corporate, marketing, and development teams.
Desired Skills & ExperienceQualification Requirements:
BA/BS in Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
Experience using CMS systems for website setup and maintenance.
Photoshop experience a must. Ability to create professional Powerpoint presentations, use InDesign and Final Cut Pro or other video editing software would be valuable.
To apply, see:
We are proud that most of our executive search business comes from repeat clients. They value our ability to combine the focus of a boutique with the capabilities of a big firm.
Herbert Mines Associates uses the Encore database a product of the Cluen Corporation. Our database is robust; we have close to 200,000 records.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Meg Staunton of HMA at email@example.com.