Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ▼ November (5)
- ► 2010 (235)
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Vacancy: Substitute Instructor (Baruch College/Newman Library) Baruch College – Newman Library Instructor (Substitute) Compensation: $51,869 - $65,267 POSITION DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES Reporting to the Head of Collection Management, lead a project to determine the curricular relevance of individual titles in the library’s collection and provide traditional and virtual reference assistance. Schedule may include weekend and evening rotations. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS A Master's degree in area(s) of expertise, and/or active progress toward a Doctorate, or equivalent as noted below. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, interest in productive scholarship or creative achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution. OTHER QUALIFICATIONS ALA accredited Master's degree in Library & Information Science; professional experience in an academic, research, corporate, or large public library; excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communications skills; experience with acquisitions, collection use analysis, and deaccessioning; commitment to effective user-centered services. TO APPLY: send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, November 11, 2011
Opera Solutions, LLC creates and provides ongoing delivery of a suite of advanced Big Data analytics solutions that grow profits and create strategic advantage for top tier public and private sector customers all over the world. The company is one of the premier centers of machine learning science in the world, with over 160 scientists among its almost 600 employees. Headquartered in the metro New York area, it has offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Self-funded since 2004, we are a private company that has recently received $84M in venture capital funding, valuing the firm at $500M. While we have a strong, and evolving, presence on the Internet to tell the rest of the world about us, we do not yet have an effective SharePoint implementation for document management or an Intranet to effectively communicate with each other. That's where you come in.
You are an expert in developing and implementing content strategy for internal websites, especially using SharePoint 2010. An information architect of the first order, you will be responsible for identifying, creating and distributing all company knowledge. You should have 8-10 years of KM and IT experience and are seeking a more senior role with a fast-growing firm.
• Create and implement our overall KM strategy
• Insure company-wide implementation of SharePoint 2010
• Provide ongoing management of SharePoint services, Opera libraries of pitch decks, cases, project schema
• Create, implement, and maintain taxonomy for SharePoint 2010, including gathering user requirements and doing a content audit
• Lead ongoing exchange of domain knowledge and expertise, including ongoing management of Opera's Intranet and Wiki
• Overseeing a team of offshore content managers
• Oversee meta-tagging (e.g. with automated software and human content managers)
• Create the optimal structure that allows it all to happen simply, quickly, and easily
You're also adept at:
• Managing every aspect of an extensive knowledge library
• Developing a global culture of knowledge sharing and engaging with business stakeholders
• Selecting taxonomy management and/or enterprise search software to integrate with SharePoint
You'll never be bored, and you'll definitely be an integral, ongoing part of our information management team (which you will help to hire and train).
So if you're ready to join a dynamic company as a real resource for other professionals looking for the information that you know how to find, organize, and deliver accurately, on-time – and always with a smile – then you should tell us about yourself. Please send your latest resume to Katharine Bierce at email@example.com today.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011