Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2012 (315)
- F/T - Senior Corp Legal or IBank/FinServ Researche...
- F/T - Corporate Librarian - Skadden Arps
- (Two weeks) - Cataloging Consultant - Teacher U
- F/T - Director - The Hampton Library, Bridgehamton...
- F/T - Special Projects Librarian - NY Academy of M...
- P/T - Assistant Librarian - Broome Community Colle...
- F/T (entry level) - News Researcher - LAC Group
- P/T - Library Assistant - Briarcliffe College
- F/T (temporary) - Information Research Specialist ...
- F/T - Corporate Reference Librarian - Law Firm
- F/T - Reference Librarian - Midtown Law Firm
- F/T - Reference Clerk - Pratt Institute
- P/T - Records Management Officer - NYC Comptroller...
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2010 (236)
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
Hampton Library Board of Trustees c/o Elizabeth Whelan Kotz, president P.O. Box 3025 Bridgehampton, New York 11932
The primary responsibilities of this position are for directing the daily activities of the library’s special projects in grey literature. These initiatives are dedicated to the aggregation, publication, and dissemination of grey literature in the areas of public and urban health. Both projects are web based.
The position serves as Project Manager for the NYAM Library’s Grey Literature Report and as the Project Director for the Resource Guide for Public Health Preparedness, a collaborative subcontracted project with the staff of NLM’s Disaster Information Management Resource Center (DIMRC).
This position also delivers liaison services to research staff at NYAM in Health Policy and the Center for Urban Epidemiology (CUES); works as part of a reference staff team to deliver library services by appointment to users of the library.
* Directs the daily activities of the Grey Literature Report production which encompasses the publication schedule, calendaring and managing of bi-weekly meetings of the grey literature team, and manages all the correspondence ,web activities, issues related to the project; participates as a team member in the production and scheduling of the report
* Acts as one of two content editors for the Grey Literature Report; works as a team to populate the report through collection management activities related to screening of assigned organizations
* Directs the production on a daily basis of the Resource Guide for Public Health Preparedness; supervises the part time project librarian’s selection of content and other related activities; oversees and approves all entries into the database; participates in bi-weekly calls with DIMRC staff ; writes monthly reports and submits to Director in a timely fashion ; creates invoices for the subcontract on a monthly basis; general follow up actions and interactions with NLM staff
* Liaison to specific NYAM staff units-Health Policy and CUES; attends staff meetings, contributes library services as needed to assist their work , such as monthly and weekly search alerts, some mediated searching and some article retrieval.
* Acts as a member of NYAM Library’s reference team contributing to –on-call schedules for reading room appointments and telephone call schedules; orientations for users and training as needed, as well as general mediated searching as needed.
* Assumes other responsibilities related to position as needed
Position Type: Full Time
Position Level: NA
Position Reports To: Director of the NYAM Library
Other Benefits: Full benefits
Location: The New York Academy of Medicine
Job URL: email@example.com
Travel Required: 0% of the time (approximate)
Starts On: 15-Feb-11
The ideal candidate for this position is enthusiastic and well-organized with a minimum of two years reference experience in an academic, research, or large health sciences library. Candidates with a background in public health/urban health, health policy, or health services research and/or an interest in open access dissemination of information from non-commercial organizations are well suited for this position.
Experience with online searching, particularly PUBMED is needed as well as an interest in technology; the candidate must have an MLS from an ALA-accredited institution; excellent customer services skills and capacity to work well with others.
Knowledge of all basic Microsoft Office programs; database searching necessary; knowledge of MARC record and indexing helpful.
Education Required: MLS or equivalent required
Fields of Expertise: public health,
How to Apply:
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Special Projects Librarian" in subject line.
For more information, visit our website: www.nyam.org
The New York Academy of Medicine is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10029
Saturday, February 12, 2011
- Provide accurate, concise, and timely responses to inquiries on a wide range of topics including politics; government; legislation; business and finance; health; popular culture; and other areas
- Conduct research across news aggregators, public records databases and other specialized resources
- Compile and organize information into coherent, focused responses for the end-user/requestor
- Maintain an awareness of and interest in popular culture and current events
- Demonstrate good judgment and insight in identifying and utilizing authoritative sources for news research
Friday, February 11, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Long Term Temporary Position, Investment Banking Research Center
New York City, 4-midnight shift Mon - Fri
Provide reference and research in a high volume business library to bankers
and executives worldwide covering all major industries.
* Provide high-quality, professional client service;
* Requires mastery of database search methods & excellent judgment of
* Mastery of business & financial databases including Factset, Bloomberg,
Dealogic, SDC, Factiva, Edgar, Thomson, Alacra, , Profound
* Knowledge of
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, prioritizing
For consideration, please email cover letter, resume and references to:
Angela Dzikowski, Pro Libra Associates
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
1. Performs all research required in writing, by telephone or in person to assist lawyers, paralegals, staff, other librarians and clients in obtaining corporate information. This includes extensive research utilizing published sources, telephone contacts, service bureaus, in-house precedents, and legal and non-legal databases.
- M.L.S. and/or M.B.A. degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years experience in a corporate law library or investment banking firm. or
- Extensive knowledge of on-line databases including Bloomberg, Westlaw Business, Capital IQ, ThomsonOne Banker, Securities Mosaic, Securities Data, Dealogic, Lexis and other computerized research systems.
- Detailed knowledge of corporate documents including SEC filings.
- Ability to appropriately and effectively respond and accommodate lawyer and client needs, and to adapt to the environment of a service department with a professional clientele.
- Ability to be creative in research techniques and to assist the other corporate librarians in this aspect.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to scheduling changes and shifts in priorities.
- Willingness to become involved in professional organizations and self-development educational activities.
- Ability to communicate knowledge for training purposes.
- Ability to access accurately input and retrieve information from a computer.
- Ability to audit entered information and proofread for accuracy.
- necessary to interact and work productively as a team member.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to assume other job responsibilities within the department as necessary.
- Performance of the foregoing responsibilities requires on a regular basis:
- ability to prepare and review correspondence, memoranda, invoices, financial data, billing material and related written material;
- ability to communicate effectively
- ability to meet strict deadlines and effectively complete designated job assignments under significant time and supervisory pressure.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011