Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- F/T - Competitive Intelligence Librarian - Bingham...
- F/T - Librarian, P-3 - United Nations
- F/T - Prospect Research Manager - Planned Parentho...
- F/T - Prospect Research Manager - Asia Society
- F/T - Research Assistant - Hearst Integrated Media...
- F/T -Legal Research Specialist - Lexis Nexis
- F/T - Senior Research Manager / Insurance/FS - Del...
- P/T - Senior Library Clerk/Digital Media Collectio...
- F/T - Photo Librarian - Associated Press
- F/T - Associate, Data Operations/Digital Librarian...
- F/T - Associate Librarian-User Services, Memorial ...
- F/T - Director, Medical Library - weill Medical Co...
- F/T - Teen Services Librarian - Westhampton - Suff...
- P/T - Youth Services Librarian - Brentwood PL - Na...
- P/T - Children's Librarian I - South Country Libra...
- P/T - Reference Librarian (evening) - Iona Colleg...
- F/T - Archive Project Manager - Staten Island Acad...
- P/T - Children's Librarian - Half Holow Hills Comm...
- F/T - Information Services Librarian - Manhattan C...
- F/T - Cataloging/Metadata Librarian - SUNY Maritme...
- F/T - Teen Service Librarian - Westhampton Beach, ...
- F/T - Senior Librarian - AOL
- F/T - Data Associate/Librarian - Standard and Poor...
- F/T - Library Media Specialist - Bronx Lighthouse ...
- F/T - Trademark Database Researchers - CT Corsearc...
- F/T - Project Coordinator/Project Archivist - Hank...
- F/T - Library Media Coordinator - Public School/Ex...
- P/T - Assistant Director - Olive Free Library/Ulst...
- F/T - Technology News Editor - Library Journal
- F/T - Head of Information Systems - State Universi...
- F/T - LIbrary Director III - Thrall Public Lirbary...
- F/T - Substitute Librarian/Adult Services - Huntin...
- P/T - Data Quality Analyst - Egon Zehnder Internat...
- P/T - Archivist Assistant - he Julliard School
- F/T - Librarian/Information Services - Russell Lib...
- F/T - Emerging Technologies Librarian - Queensboro...
- F/T - Market Data Analyst - Financial Services
- F/T - Competitive Intelligence Analyst - New York ...
- ▼ May (38)
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Competititve Intelligence Librarian
Job ID: 6815933
Position Title: Competititve Intelligence Librarian
Company Name: Bingham McCutchen LLP
Industry: Professional Services
Job Function: Other
Entry Level: No
Location(s): New York, New York, 10022-4689, United States
Posted: May 17, 2010
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 3-5 Years
Required Travel: None
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Contact Person: Susan Peterson
Email Address: email@example.com
The New York office of Bingham McCutchen, a global law firm with 1,100 lawyers in 12 locations in the U.S., U.K. and Asia, is seeking an experienced competitive intelligence librarian. The firm, which is a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For," offers a broad range of market-leading practices focused on global financial services firms and Fortune 100 companies.
Working to inform firm strategy, business development, and client relationship management efforts, this individual's primary responsibility is to formulate and execute complex research in response to inquiries from a variety of departments that include marketing, senior management, and practicing attorneys. Inquiries vary in turn-around time and scope. This individual must have a strong grasp of electronic databases, excellent written and oral communication skills, and a resourceful, "can-do" approach to difficult research questions.
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Hours: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
• A graduate degree or equivalent experience in a discipline in which complex research is critical.
• Three to five years experience in a law firm or corporate setting preferably with a competitive intelligence focus. Well-versed in competitive intelligence principles, trends, and best practices as they relate to law firms or corporate entities.
• Experience designing and delivering customized research for the creation of enhanced client deliverables. Uses existing templates or assists in developing new templates as needed.
• Ability to synthesize and distill information from diverse sources and package in user-friendly format.
• Substantial expertise in using both legal and business resources in print and online, with ability to master new technology quickly.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to function independently and as part of a collaborative team.
See original post:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 Jun 2010
DATE OF ISSUANCE: 20 Apr 2010
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Department of Public Information
DUTY STATION: New York
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 10-IMA-DPI-424029-R-NEW YORK (G)
Depending on professional background, experience and family situation, a competitive compensation and benefits package is offered.
See original posting:
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Location: New York, NY
Position: Prospect Research Manager
The Prospect Research Manager will create and implement all aspects of the major gifts prospect research program to build capacity and generate leads for the major gifts fundraising efforts. The incumbent will gather, analyze, synthesize and disseminate to major gift staff, information on major donors and prospects for fund raising purposes. Works in collaboration with major gifts staff and plays an integral role in developing cultivation and fundraising strategies for top prospects/donors. Provides both ad-hoc and real-time research as well as ongoing proactive prospect research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Builds and maintains state-of-the-art research library and prospect research tools; constantly seeks best practices in research resources.
2. In collaboration with the National Director of Major Gifts and the Associate Director of Development Operations, develops and implements annual and long-term goals and strategies for the research program.
3. Establishes guidelines, protocols and systems to gather, maintain and deliver the results of donor research to meet the needs of the major gifts department. Develops and maintains appropriate templates for research.
4. Provides both proactive and re-active research on prospective and current major donors to prepare the President and other senior staff for meetings, and to identify a pipeline of major gift prospects. Identifies methods and programs, such as screens and filters, for expanding Planned Parenthood’s major gift prospecting pool.
5. Creates in-depth research profiles including evaluation of financial resources, indicators of interest in the organization’s programs and connections to other key constituents leading to sophisticated cultivation and solicitation strategies.
6. Develops strong partnerships with the major gifts team, in particular the major gift officers.
7. Work with other members of the department to track donors and prospects in database, and ensure data integrity, including actively updating key constituents’ records. Working with the major gift officers, ensures that the database represents our full knowledge of activities related to prospects.
8. Participates in meetings and discussions related to donor cultivation and solicitation strategies. Works with major gifts officers to develop donor rating guidelines.
9. Systematically monitors the media to identify news and information relevant to Planned Parenthood donors and prospects. Ensures that resulting news and information is disseminated to appropriate major gifts staff in a timely fashion.
10. Prepares briefing materials for events and visits to donors.
11. Maintains the highest level ethics and confidentiality as defined by the prospect research profession and Planned Parenthood policies and practices.
12. Provides basic training in donor research to major gifts staff as needed.
13. Attends training programs and other continuing education to remain up to date with developments in the donor research field.
14. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Manages in the assigned area and regularly evaluates goals and objectives and develops more effective and efficient ways of meeting them.
Responds to problems or challenges that affect the ability of the department to meet assigned goals and objectives. Must research, analyze and integrate information from various sources to determine solution. Decisions affect program or operational effectiveness, as well as interactions with other departments, divisions, affiliates, offices and/or external partners.
Job duties require comprehensive knowledge of the prospect research profession, obtained through formal education, substantial work experience, and continuing education in the field. Broad based understanding of all areas of development fundraising including major gifts, foundations and planned giving.
Regularly interacts with members of the major gifts team and managers in other departments/divisions/affiliates to integrate activities and products. Identifies opportunities to expand program activities, develop work products, and build professional relationships that demonstrate and enhance PPFA’s commitment to diversity. Promotes and reinforces PPFA’s commitment to diversity in all interactions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, plus additional related courses and professional training, are required.
Experience: Three to five years of directly-related, progressively responsible experience in prospect research and data management and communication.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Strong oral and written communication skills. Familiar with state-of-the-art research tools such as Lexis-Nexis. Excellent knowledge of existing research library materials. Problem solver and strategic thinker, with good time management skills. Team player and initiator with excellent organization skills, and ability to pay attention to details. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and independently. Ability to be adaptable to an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure and with accuracy. Computer literacy, especially with respect to modern research tools and databases. Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood of America does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood Federation of America is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values team work, collaboration, creativity, and building a diverse team.
Travel 0 - 25%
Expertise Fund Raising - Development
Job Type Full Time
Location NYC - LI - Hudson Valley
Years of Experience 3-5 years
Preferred Language English
PROSPECT RESEARCH MANAGER
a Prospect Research Manager to identify and research individuals, foundations and corporations in support of a broad-based development team; to oversee the prospect management process for major donors and prospects; to work with colleagues in the external affairs, museum and program areas to secure funds for restricted and unrestricted support.
*Conduct comprehensive background research and prepare profiles on individual, corporate and foundation prospects for the Society in the US and Asia.
*Identify giving patterns of current donors, Trustees and high level prospects.
*Work with museum and program staff to identify major gift prospects for upcoming programs and exhibitions.
*Work with the President's Office to develop materials for discussion of Board and Major Donor prospects to present to Development staff and Board Committees.
*Oversee prospect management processes including development of solicitation plans and prospect tracking in Raiser's Edge for program and restricted funding.
*Work with the Special Events team to prepare notes on key attendees and committee members for upcoming galas.
*Input records, proposals, communication, notes and other information in Raiser's Edge and develop reports and queries to track and manage constituents and prospects.
*Track press coverage of issues of people and institutions involved in the Society's world.
*Monitor periodicals and online sources for trends in business, the arts and philanthropy.
*Generate new individual and corporate prospects on a regular basis based on research.
*Other duties as necessary.
*Bachelor's degree and 4-5 years development experience.
*1-2 years prospect research experience preferred.
*Experience using electronic database (e.g. Lexis-Nexis, Prospect
Research Online, FoundationSearch), and Internet search.
*Computer proficiency, familiarity with Microsoft office environment and fundraising software (e.g. Raiser's Edge).
For benefits information go to:
E-mail cover letter and resume with salary expectations direct to:
Indicate Job Code 119 and job title in the subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Research Assistant, Hearst Integrated Media
The general purpose for this position is to alleviate the administrative duties for the head of the Corporate Research Department. Examples of the tasks are listed below:Scheduling meetings
Organizing the files and magazines
Ordering and organizing the department supplies
Help prepare materials for meetings
Make travel arrangements
In addition to the traditional administrative duties, the successful candidate will be able to learn about the data we work with in the department. We are looking to teach him/her how to generate reports and work with spreadsheets. This person to will also be pulling consumer information/insights (i.e., Google and Nexis searches), as the need arises, and updating information sheets on our intranet site, insite.
We are looking for someone with about 1-2 years of previous experience as an administrative assistant. We are looking for someone with good computer skills including Outlook, Word and Excel. A plus if good with numbers.
The candidate must have a college degree.
MS Office Suite, office experience, able to multi-task, great communication skills
Job Location: New York, NY, US.
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
See original post on Hearst Magazine website:
New York, NY 1000
Manages Others: Not Specified
Job Type: Sales Business Development
Experience: Not Specified
Post Date: 5/28/2010
Ref ID: LEX0038H
LexisNexis is a leading global provider of business information solutions to professionals in a variety of areas, including: legal, corporate, government, law enforcement, tax, accounting, academic, and risk and compliance assessment. LexisNexis helps customers achieve their goals in more than 100 countries, across six continents, with over 18,000 employees. Regardless of your location, you'll work together with your colleagues as one team - a unified network of professionals who share a passion for solving problems, realizing results, and pushing the boundaries of what knowledge can do.
The Research Specialist is responsible for meeting or exceeding legal Research revenue goals within a defined territory of law firm accounts. This is achieved by driving use and penetration through increased user preference and addressing Research issues enterprise-wide. The Research Specialist also focuses on gathering insights into the client's overall needs to generate leads for the Client Manager and peer Solution Specialists. This is a home-based position focused on working with large law firms in the New Jersey area.
1. Owns the overall account use and preference driving strategy.
2. Drives Research and Litigation Solution initiatives within firm accounts
3. Drives preference and use through training and presentations tied to the LN portfolio, including lexis.com, atVantage, Courtlink and LSA.
4. Works closely with market facing teams to deploy key initiatives as needed in target accounts, serving as content expert to assist CM in research contract negotiations and business reviews.
5. Responsible for solving end-user issues, such as research and content questions, and ID problems for research solutions.
6. Communicate firm knowledge back to other members of account team.
7. Utilize and reinforce all required processes, tools and systems.
Requirements 1. J.D. required for this role
2. 5 years of business experience including sales and/or training experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to probe for data or clues that will allow for effective problem resolution. Ability to investigate for greater and more accurate understanding of the situation to better address problems or opportunities.
4. Ability to work cooperatively within a team and across the organization matrix to achieve group and organizational goals.
5. Ability to build strong enduring relationships to establish a network of individuals who can provide information, help or access to others.
6. Demonstrated drive to sell/win, includes overcoming obstacles to improve business results and performance levels to increase LN footprint in customer organizations.
7. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
8. Requires local or overnight business travel.
9. Ability to lift or carry laptop and collateral sales materials of approximately 15-20 pounds.
See original posting on Careerbuilders to apply:
Location: New York, New York, United States
Firm Service: Firm internal
Firm Service: Firm internal
Reference Code: E11NYCSSRMAW018-CL6
Type of Position: Full-time
Senior Research Manager/Strong Manager, Deloitte Research, Insurance/Financial Services
- Very good understanding of the US and global Insurance/financial services industry
- Excellent writing and synthesis skills
- Prior experience with quantitative and qualitative research, firsthand experience with key information sources such as Bloomberg, SNL, FactSet, Thomson One Banker
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship management skills
- Proven ability to manage large research programs - project management skills
- Experience of team environment, ability to manage and mentor colleagues
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Deloitte Research and work closely with the Vice Chairman and the Managing Partner for the Insurance sector based in New York to develop thought leadership outputs targeted at senior executives. The outputs will include in-depth research reports, survey reports, topical analysis and reports, client briefings and advisory on client engagements. Among the required activities are:
- Execute complex research projects focused on topics related to the Insurance industry sector. It will involve identifying key business issues, conducting in-depth research, analyzing and developing original insights, writing reports and developing presentations.
- Develop research proposals. Analyze business issues based on academic, industry, and trade press literature. Design original research study proposal and research plan involving credible research methods.
- Oversee and coach junior analysts and managers to design and execute research studies.
- Conduct in-depth primary and secondary research to form or support the hypotheses. This will include complex qualitative and quantitative data analysis, case study development, survey design and analysis, interviewing senior executives.
- Deploy credible statistical methods in validating research hypotheses and demonstrate competence in interpreting statistical results.
- Perform analyses to develop original insights and recommendation for business executives and policy makers.
- Write drafts of original research reports, case studies, viewpoints and articles targeted at leading management, industry and policy publications.
- Develop high quality client presentations summarizing insights and recommendations to brief executives and practitioners at the internal and external events.
- Work with practitioners and marketing to deploy research findings at clients, through proposals, and briefings.
- Ensure quality of deliverables meet Deloitte Research quality standards for world class performance.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with project stakeholders.
Deloitte is a recognized leader in serving the financial services industry, offering clients a broad range of integrated services in areas that include accounting, assurance and advisory, risk, tax, management, financial, technology and human capital consulting. Our financial services practice, one of Deloitte's largest, serves banks, securities firms, insurance companies, private equity firms, hedge funds, mutual funds and real estate companies. Deloitte client service teams, under the leadership of a lead client service partner, work closely with clients to create powerful solutions to complex business issues, for organizations in the United States and around the world. In the U.S., we have 1,200 partners, principals and directors, and almost 7,000 total practitioners located in 50 cities around the country.
Our US Insurance practice is recognized as a leader in providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services to the Insurance industry. Within the US Insurance Industry Group there are:
• Over 2,400 professionals
• More than 430 partners
• Over 220 Actuaries with U.S. designations
• Offices in 50 cities - key practice offices include New York, Hartford, Chicago, Minneapolis and Omaha.
• Deloitte Consulting LLP provides consulting services to over 50% of the top 100 insurance companies.
• We provide business advisory services to more than 50 of the top 100 U.S. Life/Health and P&C sectors, and more than 90% of the top 25 U.S. insurance companies in both the life/health and P&C sectors.
Deloitte U.S. Firms serve many of the world's premier insurance, reinsurance and brokerage firms.
Audit Services - Deloitte & Touche LLP:
• 22% of the top 100 U.S. life insurance companies, including two of the top five U.S. life companies
• 22% of the top 100 U.S. Property & Casualty insurance companies, including two of the top five U.S.P&C companies
• 4 of the top 10 U.S. insurance brokerages
Tax Services - Deloitte Tax LLP:
• 39% of the top 100 U.S. life insurance companies
• 34% of the top 100 U.S. property and casualty insurance companies
Northeast preferred but will consider other locations
Market share information is based on AM Best Data 2007 (12.31.2006 financial data) for Tax and Consulting and AM Best Data 2007 (12.31.2006) for Audit by Group of Companies.
PC Companies are measured on Net Premiums Written and LH companies are measured on Total Admitted Assets.
PC Companies are measured on Net Premiums Written and LH companies are measured on Total Admitted Assets.
Deloitte, one of the nation's leading professional services firms, provides assurance and advisory, tax, and management consulting services through nearly 40,000 people in more than 100 U.S. cities. The firm is dedicated to helping our clients and our people excel. Known as an employer of choice for innovative human resources programs, Deloitte has been recognized as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For in America" by Fortune magazine for the tenth year. Deloitte is part of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, one of the world's leading professional services, with more than 165,000 people in over 135 countries.
The Deloitte Research initiative of certain member firms of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu develops and delivers ideas, fact driven insights and innovations designed to improve business performance. Operating through the contributions of research and practice professionals from those member firms and the contributions of academic and technology contributors, Deloitte Research initiatives undertake industry, functional and cross-industry studies to bring ideas that matter to executives, boards and leading business journals. For more information please visit www.deloitte.com/research.
- Overall 10 + years of working experience with at least 5 years in business research and exposure to the financial services industry. Strong track record with previous employment, preferably with consulting, investment banks, credit rating companies, focused research institutes, corporate strategy or research divisions of financial services companies.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, experience with key data sources.
- Proven experience with statistical/econometric modeling is required.
- Excellent written and verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. An ideal candidate will have published in leading journals.
- A strong understanding of substantive issues facing the insurance industry.
- A strong understanding of financial management concepts.
- A strong understanding of management approaches, and strategy and policy frameworks - customer strategy, merger and acquisition strategy, financial and performance management, IT strategy.
- A strong understanding of Insurance industry regulatory structure and regulations.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong personnel management and mentoring skills, ability to direct and motivate small teams/Competency to work with distributed and virtual teams is required.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
Senior Library Clerk
Office of the Librarian
The New School
The Visual Resources Department within the University Libraries seeks a part-time Senior Library Clerk for the ongoing production of the New School's growing Digital Media Collection. This position directly reports to the Library Systems Manager and works with various library directors on digitization projects. This is a part-time, union clerical position with a work schedule of 20 hours per week.
- Schedule staff of FWS/OCSE student workers;
- Create schedules of dedicated workstations of all library scanning projects in two locations (Visual Resources area and Image Editing Lab);
- Organize scanned and processed content generated in library digital projects;
- Load materials into the library's digital asset management system;
- Ensure quality of digital objects and provide regular maintenance, support and proper calibration of scanning and digitizing equipment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High degree of accuracy and organization;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Prior digital imaging or photographic experience;
- Prior database management experience; and,
- Familiarity with visual resources management and digital imaging standards.
- Strong interest and knowledge of art history and/or digital media.
Please note that this clerical position is associated with the Local 1205 Clerical Union, and employees hired in this position must become a member of the Local 1205. For information regarding the nature of this position, applicants can visit http://www.newschool.edu/forms/hr_contract_local1205.pdf .
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: http://careers.newschool.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52251
Posted: May 24, 2010
The Associated Press seeks a Photo Librarian for its New York City headquarters.
? Generate photo captions and metadata pursuant to AP standards ? Perform quality control of image and metadata work of others as necessary ? Perform filing duties and archive maintenance as required ? Perform historical research and image selection as required ? Other tasks related to the digitization and inclusion of images in the AP digital archive, as necessary
? BA required, degree in Library Sciences a plus ? Strong written communication skills ? Knowledge of photo caption styles and photo metadata (IPTC) ? Knowledge of world history with a focus on 20th century events ? Knowledge of film negative production and handling ? Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications ? Basic knowledge of FTP, email and other communications protocols ? Knowledge of photo copyright laws a plus
The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day, more than half the worlds population sees news from AP.
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Please refer to job code LSH1005-613 when responding to this ad.
See original posting on Job Circle:
Category: Education/Training/ Librarian
Location: New York, NY
County: New York County
ZIP Code: 10001
Pay Rate: Open
Job Terms: full time
Company: THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Phone: email only please
Fax: email only please